Nintendo recently announced Nintendo Labo for Nintendo Switch, a line of interactive build-and-play experiences designed to inspire imagination and discovery in creative minds and playful hearts alike. Today, Nintendo revealed some additional features for the first two Nintendo Labo kits – the Variety Kit and the Robot Kit – which launch across Europe on April 27th.
One new feature that is part of the software included with each Nintendo Labo kit is Toy-Con Garage. This mode introduces simple principles of technology in a fun and accessible way, allowing players to combine various simple inputs and outputs to invent their own new ways to play. This brand new video on the official Nintendo Labo YouTube channel includes a first look at what’s possible with Toy-Con Garage: Nintendo Labo – Overview trailer
In addition to Toy-Con Garage, the Toy-Con creations in each kit offer numerous ways to have fun as players make, play and discover different experiences.
- Toy-Con Piano: After assembling a 13-key piano, players can host an impromptu recital or record their own songs and play them back for their biggest fans-in-the-making. Experimenting with different sounds and pitches can lead to something truly unique – even a song composed entirely of cat noises!
- Toy-Con Motorbike: Players can grab hold of their newly constructed handlebars and race through different tracks, challenging CPU opponents or collecting balloons across mountainous terrain. Creative types can even create their own custom tracks!
- Toy-Con Fishing Rod: There are many exotic fish to discover, and some of the deep-ocean fish are particularly tricky to catch. Aquarium mode allows players to show off their collection and have fun creating their own fish**.
- Toy-Con House: Players befriend the cute creature living in Toy-Con House and discover different ways to interact and play with it on the Nintendo Switch screen. There are a variety of experiences to discover, including mine cart races, bowling, and playing jump rope.
- Toy-Con RC Car: The RC Car is full of unique and surprising features. Since the Variety Kit includes materials to build two Toy-Con RC Cars, players can compete in a sumo challenge to try to knock their opponent’s RC Car over, race against a friend, or set up obstacle courses.* Creating a path using the reflective stickers included in the kit allows the car to self-drive along a specific route using the IR Motion Camera on the Right Joy-Con controller.
- Learn more about the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit in this new video: Nintendo Labo – Toy Con 01: Variety Kit
- Players can build their own wearable Toy-Con Robot suit and assume control of a giant in-game robot, completing challenges and destroying objects to unlock powerful new abilities.
- Competitive players can even challenge a friend* in two-player local battles An additional Robot Kit is required for local co-op mode.*
- Nintendo Labo encourages players to use their imagination and creativity to customise their cardboard Toy-Con creations in a variety of ways, and the Robot Kit even allows them to customise and level-up the in-game robot.
- Learn more about the Nintendo Labo Robot Kit in this new video: Nintendo Labo – Toy-Con 02: Robot Kit
For more details on Nintendo Labo and to subscribe to the official Nintendo Labo YouTube channel, visit https://www.youtube.com/NintendoLaboUK
|Nintendo Labo – Overview Trailer||https://youtu.be/D4v_LcHnDbs|
|Nintendo Labo – Toy-Con 01 Variety Kit||https://youtu.be/SMgrwhQjHiM|
|Nintendo Labo – Toy-Con 02 Robot Kit||https://youtu.be/TJ6eBBdOd_Q|