Nintendo has just released the spring update for the Wii U. The update brings a number of improvements to the system including dramatically improved load times. Other features include the ability to copy and move data between USB drives and downloading and installing software even if the Wii U console is turned off.
- Loading times will be improved when switching between software or when returning to the Wii U menu.
- The ability to copy and move data between USB drives will be added.
- The Wii U will automatically install new software that you have downloaded in the background while playing a game.
- Software updates will automatically be downloaded (even without starting the software).
- You can immediately access Wii Mode while the Wii U is starting up if you hold the B button.
- The Wii U will continue downloading and installing software even if the system is turned off.
- The Wii U Virtual Console will be added the day after the update.
Thanks to everyone that sent this in.