The Best Buy product page for Mario Party 9 has been updated and includes plenty of information regarding the game which is due out March 11th in the United States. The Best Buy product page reveals some additional information about the co-op and competitive boss battles, as well as a Bullet Bill race event which is coming to the sequel.
- For the first time in the Mario Party franchise, each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Collectively, players must combine their strength to defeat classic foes such as Bowser™ and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
- Hit the road and travel with your party across stages together for the first time, and take turns as Captain of exciting vehicles like a convertible, flying carpet, submarine and more
- Keep the fun going with 80 new mini games, adventure-filled stages and exciting new game modes
- Tap the Wii Remote’s buttons to escape spooky haunted mansions, run and jump across an array of moving platforms and engage in fierce battles above a fiery magma pit
- No time to play through an entire stage? New minigame modes let players enjoy the action in smaller chunks of time. They can hone their skills at any minigame in Free Play mode or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.