Another day, another rumour, this time from the Paul Gale network who state that Rocksteady, the development team behind the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham City, are hard at work creating a dark open world Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Here’s a few of the details:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.
YAY TURTLES maybe :D
NOT THIS SHIT TO THE WIIU.IF THEY WANT TO DEVELOP THAT SHIT THEN THEY SHOULD DEVELOP IT FOR SONY !!!
learn to read.
learn to read
troll typing in caps, sounds epic. Plus the more games for wii u the better, you really are an arsehole.
oh please shut the fuck up anonymous ninja turtles is for litlle boys and usless companies like sony
You obviously never read the original comics.
i would recommend you to follow your own advice you useless troll.
Turtles are fuckin awesome and the Nintendo will be lucky to have such a game.
LMAO! Clearly you were born in 1999.
It says it is like arkham city
I was disappointed, i was wishing for turtles in time-esque game
the combat would be fun and variety there 4 of um!
meh not so interested in this
Please god let this rumor be true.
both them batman games are thrashware and VERY OVER RATED.
like your mom
the sorta news that makes you think maybe monday morning isn’t that bad =]
fuck yeah turtles are back bitches! now batman arkham city graphics and darkness style ME GUSTA
Cowabunga! I love it. If they put the same care they put into Arkham City into this game, they’re sure to have a hit on their hands.
not gonna happen
agree with u.it wont be released
U best call a Dr peter for that fuckin butthurt.
sorry to dissapoint u but everybody calls me dr peter because i am good at science and highly intellegence bich
and peteriuss is my secondary and god nick name fucktard
Your grammar is horrendous dr peter. Go back to school.
If you’re so clever, why do you write like a retard. Get back to kindergarten knobhead.
Aren’t the Ninja Turtles a little old now? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vNzCJVZsPk
now this would be fucking awesom, fuck the teenie boppers that dont want this to happen.
Please tell me that this is true! I have been waiting for a really good 3D TMNT game to arrive for this generation! If this is true, then Rocksteady will be in my Top 5 favorite 3rd-Party Developers. Period. :D
LOL WUT? That’s ridiculous…
WB Games need to bring the voices of James “Uncle Phil” Avery (The REAL voice of the Shredder), Peter “Splinter” Renaday, Rob Paulsen, Cam Clarke, Townsend Coleman, Barry Gordon, and Renae Jacobs into that game. If not, I’m STILL buying that game!!!!! Let’s hope that Rocksteady Games continue the TMNT franchise that Ubisoft fails to accomplish.
OMG I would weep from nostalgia!
Pingback: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is coming to the Wii U? | LatestGamingTalk.com
Hey does someone think the batman arkham city game would be better in wii u? Or include all dlc’s like street fighter 4 3d?
By the way now I am thinking if batman on wii u is due to be released with the console shouldn’t it be cheaper? Cuz if they release it at the original price for wii u it would be a expensive port of a game which already came last year
it’ll be full price, but have the DLC, every so slightly better graphics, and some new touch screen controls.
This sounds neat, but why does it have to be based off of the 80’s cartoon (just by reading the characters who will be in it) instead of the comics or its own alternate universe? There’s a reason why TV Tropes mentioned TMNT having a broken fanbase.
That’s good and all, but I hope they don’t forget about the comedy and stuff. I’d love to play this game.
Heroes in a half shell turtle power!
I LOVE TMNT!
OH GOD YES!
Please let this be true. I will sacrifice a virgin pig farmer from India to make sure that this happens
There’s a number of reasons this can’t be right. Mainly: it’s based on the 80s CBS cartoon. Rights issues from that would make that very unlikely, especially since Nickelodeon just bought TMNT.
Hey everybody if this news is true who think’s that rocksteady studios should hire Robbie Rist as the voice of michelangelo in this game!?
It’d better be at least a rating of PEGI 16
Or T for Teen. Or I swear to god, I will never forgive rocksteady. but other than that, i’m hooked!
Pingback: Batman Arkham City Developer Isn’t Developing A Mature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles For Wii U | My Nintendo News
Pingback: Batman Arkham City Developer Isn’t Developing A Mature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Game For Wii U | Gaming RSS
Pingback: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Game Is Coming, But It’s By Activision? | Gaming RSS
Pingback: Batman Arkham City Developer Hiring For AAA Title On Next-Gen Platforms | My Nintendo News
Pingback: Batman Arkham City Developer Hiring For AAA Title On Next-Gen Platforms
I LUV TMNT
SO DO I
I did they ROCK