Tomodachi Life producer Yoshio Sakamoto has spoken at length about the premise of Tomodachi Life on the Nintendo 3DS. Sakamoto says that while some of the ideas are similar, they didn’t receive any influence of input from the beloved Animal Crossing franchise. He also revealed that a console version of the game isn’t necessarily out of the question, though this is really something that the development team will have to consider.
- Console version could be a possibility in Sakamoto’s opinion
- 33 people at Nintendo worked on the title
- External developers also helped
- Development took two years
- Localization took another year
- The original game wasn’t localized due to DS restrictions
- The voice/data engine couldn’t handle all the different languages and sounds