Nintendo has updated its free-to-play game Steel Diver: Sub Wars with version 2.0. Last month, the game’s director Takaya Imamura said to fans that the update would be rolled out shortly and feature a number of tweaks to battle mode. Version 2.0 is currently available to download for free in the Nintendo eShop. Here’s what the update for the free-to-play and premium version consists of:
Premium Version Only
- Three additional submarines will become available as players level up their combat record.
- 10 additional submarines are available for purchase.
Free Version Only
- Joining an online match will now require two play coins.
- Submarine stats have been fine-tuned.
- Improved navigation and attack capabilities for normal torpedoes.
- New multiplayer stage added named Arctic Circle.
- Players can earn bonus points for win streaks in matched skills battles
- In matched skills battles, players between levels 30 and 99 will be matched regardless of level difference.
- Other players’ levels will not be displayed in Lobby area for random battles.
- Attacking allies will cause a warning message to appear and points will be deducted from score.
- Other minor adjustments added to overall gameplay to make for more balanced matches.
Nintendo UK has also revealed that the new Blue-Marine submarine will be available for free for those who currently own Steel Diver: Sub Wars premium version, or who buy premium before June 19. However, players with the free version can still own the Blue-Marine when it goes on sale for €0.99 on June 19.