Hyrule Warriors has proved to be a lucrative title for both Koei Tecmo and Nintendo. The developer has revealed today that Hyrule Warriors has sold over one million units worldwide, which is nothing to be sniffed at. Koei Tecmo has also announced that it plans to create more collaborations this time with a huge western IP. Guess we shall find out more at a later date.
Koei Tecmo confirmed that more collaborations are on the way. One title in particular is being developed with the Western market in mind and is currently being prepared. Whilst no details are being given yet, Koei have told us to look forward to a collaboration with a huge western IP. Negations are still on-going and final development plan has not been decided yet. Koei Tecmo see growth opportunity in the western market after the success of Hyrule Warriors, Dead or Alive 5 and even Uncharted Waters Online.
- Hyrule Warriors sales exceeded 1 million units worldwide on Wii U
- Dragon Quest Heroes is approaching 1 million units in Japan across PS3/PS4. The overseas release is scheduled for later this year.
- Dead or Alive 5 free to play editions have been downloaded over 3 million times whilst the latest version of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round has sold 330,000 units across PS3/PS4/One/360 & PC.
- Samurai Warriors 4-II has sold a cumulative 180,000 units in Asia across PS3/PS4/PSV.
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation has reached 300,000 units in Asia.
- Hit mobile smartphone game, Nobunyaga GuruGuru Dungeon has seen cumulative 333,000 downloads across iOS and Android.
- Toukiden Kiwami has been a hit in Japan and Asia with cumulative sales of over 200,000 units in the two regions across PSV/PSP. Overseas sales have been in line with expectations.
- Koei Tecmo’s My Gamecity platform has reached over 700,000 members.
- Koei Tecmo’s Musou series in Japan have exceeded 22 million units across all “Musou” series.