Good news for Splatoon fans as there’s a new patch that will be winging its way to Wii U consoles this week. The patch, which is version 2.1.0, addresses a number of issues including some adjustments to stages such as Camp Triggerfish and Arowana Mall. As you might expect there’s also a number of behind the scenes bug fixes. Here’s a rundown of what is set to change.
- Arowana Mall: Adjusted terrain in one place to prevent squids from going through, all modes.
- Camp Triggerfish: Terrain adjustments to prevent players from directly jumping to the opponent’s side, Turf War and Splat Zones
Main Weapon adjustments
- All Rollers: While moving, the movement of the field of view when raising the roller overhead has been fixed. The problem in question was changed in Ver. 2.0.0; this corrects it to be the same movement as in Ver. 1.3.0.
Sub Weapon adjustments
- Splash Wall: In the situation a bomb hits the enemy’s Splash Wall, players standing on the other side of the Wall would receive damage. This has been corrected.
Ranked rule adjustments
- In Tower Control, if both team’s counts (goal distances) are extremely close, in spite of differences between the counts, the on-screen display denoting the counts/numbers would show the same numbers. This has been fixed.
- In Tower Control, after advancing the tower to the same count, the enemy was unable to take the lead in the situation if the tower was then taken.
- In Ver. 2.0.0 it was “the team that takes the lead’s count is decreased by 1,” while before Ver. 1.3.0 it was “the team who had the lead taken from them’s count is increased by 1.”
- The problem of receiving Error 104-2230 after downloading the Ver. 2.0.0 update to be fixed.
- Other adjustments to the game have been made so players may have a more pleasant experience.