A rumour is currently doing the rounds on the internet that suggests that a certain graphically demanding PlayStation 4 game is currently in development for the Nintendo NX platform. This shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise as no doubt when the platform does launch there should be a number of ports much like there was when the Wii U launched in 2012. What’s also interesting is that the rumour also states that key partners (both third party and second party) have NX development kits.
- Nintendo has key partners they are working with that already have Dev Kits (Second & Third party)
- The Development Studio he works for is currently working on a graphically demanding PlayStation 4 game that they would like to have the opportunity to port to the NX.
- The Studio does not have Dev Kit’s themselves yet and have not been informed of the specs, however the graphical performance of the NX is of great interest to them due to their current project.
- The Developer and Studio he works for has been informed of the date/time frame they are allowed to start ordering NX dev kits, but they are under a strict NDA not to reveal this time frame until Nintendo has officially revealed the NX to the public.
- The Developer did say that Nintendo is screening early Dev Kit access before the public developer date to order, but the process is extremely complex with a lot of paperwork to complete by both sides before having the chance of being approved. Most likely the paperwork has a lot to do with a multifaceted NDA for early access.
- When NDA’s on the NX are less binding and when his studio gets the NX Dev Kit soon or in the future, he will inform me of more details on what the Dev Kit is like (specs etc) if he is able.
- NX is most likely to be released this year at the end of 2016 based on the time-frame he was given (NDA) of when dev kits are planning on being distributed to developers besides the key partners to Nintendo that already have them. However, he said that ultimately as with any company it’s up to Nintendo to follow through and release the NX during this time frame.