A new Mario Kart 8 mod was released that buffs the CPU’s difficulty in all settings. A list of the adjustments that were made is below.
- “Easy” is based on Mario Kart 8’s Normal mode, with the CPU difficulty set to “0.92f”
- “Normal” is based on Mario Kart 8’s Hard mode, with the CPU difficulty set to “1.015f”
- “Hard” mode activates the buffed CPU’s, their difficulty set to “1.185f”, You’ll need to take near perfect lines, firehop, and make sure not to get hit. Their item accuracy is also vastly improved. The slower CPU’s have their difficulty raised from “0.5f” to “0.92f”, making it more likely for you to fall behind.
- The accuracy of the AI items has been improved. Now they will almost always land a perfect shot at the Hard difficulty.
- The AI will always Rocket Start on Hard Mode.
- The AI will always land tricks in Hard mode.
- The 200cc AI has been tweaked, they no longer bump into walls or fall off in “Hard” mode. This is apparent in courses such as SNES Rainbow Road and DS Tick Tock Clock.