The latest update for Splatoon is now available for download. In addition to fixing bugs, update version 2.8.0 introduces new weapons and gear and balances select weapons and gear abilities. It also implements adjustments to several stages, including Arowana Mall, Bluefin Depot, Camp Triggerfish and Piranha Pit. For more details, check out the official patch notes below:
Weapons and Gear Added
- Eight new weapons have been added and will now appear in the weapon shop.
- Weapons will be available in the weapon shop after viewing the Inkopolis News on 6/8 from 11:00 AM (PT) onward.
- Two new pieces of gear have also been added and will now appear in their respective shops.
Weapon and Gear Ability Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main and Sub weapons, and gear abilities.
- Arowana Mall: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed an issue that allowed players to move inside certain objects in Rainmaker mode.
- Camp Triggerfish: Adjusted the size of the “Don’t retreat!” warning zone near team starting areas.
- Piranha Pit: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to jump higher than intended when touching an opponent’s Splash Wall.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.