Splatoon is going to be updated to version 2.9.0 next week. New update data for the Wii U shooter will become available for download on Tuesday, July 5. Once it has been applied, the Callie and Marie amiibo will be compatible with the game. Other additions include weapon balancing, stage adjustments, multiplayer bug fixes and more. For a complete rundown on what’s included in the upcoming update, check out the list below. Nintendo recently announced that the final Splatfest will be held in late July.
Compatible amiibo Added
- Now compatible with Callie and Marie amiibo.
Main Weapon Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main Wepons.
Special Weapon Effect Duration Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Special Weapon Effects.
- Ancho-V Games: Fixed an issue in Rainmaker mode, in which certain terrain wasn’t appearing correctly on the turf map when inked.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused players performing a Super Jump while swimming through ink to appear to be sliding long distances to opponents.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ink Mines placed on enemy turf to occasionally be visible byopponents, whether or not they had the Bomb Sniffer gear ability.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.