Video: Here’s New Footage Of Sonic Forces

It is rare for Sonic to be brought up in a Nintendo Direct, but this was an exception. Nintendo showcased some new gameplay of Sonic Forces, which included Classic Sonic in action for the first time. We also got a teaser of the third character that is supposed to be playable in the game. We’ve included footage of Sonic Forces below, so feel free to check it out.

1. Bruh, that’s literally Green Hill Zone.

1. And not even the pants-stainingly gorgeous version form generations.

1. But this does seem to take a lot of cues from Generations… I can think of worse games to emulate…

2. it looks destroyed almost.

2. Since when is it “rare” for Sonic to be brought up at Nintendo Directs? Wasn’t the first Nintendo direct where they announced the whole three year partnership thing with Lost World? Not to mention all those yearly Mario and Sonic Olympics titles, Sonic may as well be a Nintendo staple at this point.

1. The truth has been discovered.

3. shadowvegeta says:

I’m. A) Why was this in Japanese? Was the direct not in every region? B) We already saw this footage before. I don’t think there was anything new. C) I didn’t see any sort of tease about the third character. Or is there another article with new footage? Ahh screw it , I’ll go check myself.

1. shadowvegeta says:

Ok. Rewatched. I did see a cat looking character at the end. But the rest of the footage still looks old.

2. durchburch says:

It was in every region, the Japanese version of the trailer may have gone live first. The 3D footage has been seen, though there hasn’t been any 2D footage up until now.

1. shadowvegeta says:

I could have sworn I’ve seen the 2D footage before. I guess I’m mistaken.

4. It looks like they revealed the mysterious new playable in sonic forces almost.

5. offthecl1ff says:

Too. Much. Classic. Sonic. Let him breathe.

6. Oh shit, was that Bubsy as the 3rd playable character? Just look at it. I can’t unsee it.

7. What?? The Xbot Binx The Time Sweeper will be in a Sonic game?… Wait, that can’t be it… :P

8. megamandied says:

Do we really need another new Sonic character? There are already too many.

And.. Green hill? Again?