Starting with Hello Kitty® and Cinnamoroll on July 11, in-game items featuring popular Sanrio® characters are coming to Nintendo’s Animal Crossing™: Pocket Camp mobile game for a limited time. The free Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Sanrio Characters Collection event gives players the opportunity to obtain adorable in-game items like sofas, beds, hats and dresses featuring various Sanrio characters.
Nintendo and Sanrio share a love of fun characters and bringing smiles to people’s faces,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “This partnership represents the latest example of our goal of finding new and creative ways for fans to engage with Nintendo IP.”
In addition to adding items featuring Sanrio characters to the game, the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Sanrio Characters Collection event will also see Sanrio characters featured in weeks of in-game rewards and events:
- A Hello Kitty bow special in-game gift will be given to all Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp players.
- From July 11 to July 22, a Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt will allow players to make limited-time in-game Hello Kitty amenities and Sanrio Characters tees.
- Fortune cookies in the Sanrio Characters Craft Collection will come packed with cute rewards.
- Players can participate in Sanrio Characters Goals #1 for exciting rewards such as animal maps and fortune cookies.
- Items that feature Sanrio characters will be rolled out gradually, with Items Collection #1 launching on July 11featuring Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll. In late July, Collection #2 will feature Pompompurin and My Melody. And in early August, Collection #3 will feature Little Twin Stars and Keroppi.
Source: Nintendo of America