Japanese publication CoroCoro magazine has released new details for the Pokémon X & Y games due for worldwide release October 12. There’s a whole wealth of information which has been reported by Serebii, which includes the name of the evil team, new features to the Player Search System (PSS), confirmation of the Pokémon types for the legendaries, as well as an onslaught of other juicy details for the highly anticipated title. CoroCoro’s next issue – due out August 12 – has said in its teaser that it will contain the biggest scoop of the century. Let us know what you think that might be in the comments section below. Meanwhile, check out the bullet points below for the juicy details and the various scans here.
- Xerneas is Fairy-type, has the ability “Fairy Aura” which powers up Fairy-type moves. Also has a special move named Geo Control.
- Yveltal is Dark/Flying. with an ability named “Dark Aura” which powers up Dark-type moves. Death Wing is its special move.
- Pancham’s evolution is Goronda – a Fighting/Dark-type. It is 2.1m tall, 136kg in weight. Its ability is Iron Fist and also comes with the move Hammer Arm from its new method of evolution.
- The Squids are called Maika – the Rotation Pokémon – has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes.
Is 0.4m tall and 3.5kg in weight.
- Its evolution Karamanero – the Reversal Pokémon – has Suction Cups.
Is 1.5m tall and 47kg in weight.
- Both are Dark/Psychic-type.
- The pink bird is called Shushup – Fairy-type, named the Perfume Pokémon, 0.2m tall and 0.5kg in weight and has the ability of “Healer”. It knows the move AromaTherapy, and is exclusive to Pokémon Y.
- The puff ball is called Peroppafu – Fairy-type. It has a new ability called “Sweet Pale” which prevents your allies from falling asleep. A Cotton Candy Pokémon, is 0.4m tall 3.5kg in weight. It has the new move Drain Kiss, and is exclusive to Pokémon X.
- The recently named Honedge (sword-like Pokemon) has the ability “No Guard”.
- Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X, while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y
- Shitoron is a new gym leader and has robot arms, there’s also another gym leader called Zakuro.
- The professor is called Purataanu and will occasionally battle you.
- The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare, with money-oriented goals.
- The PSS has several new features; first is the HoloCaster, which gives the latest news on the Pokémon Global Link, without needing access. This has – what is called – a “Happy Sign”, which lets you see feelings/actions of friends. There are special O Powers – which work akin to Pass Powers – and you can use and receive these from other players. Miracle Trade works in combination with the Global Trade Station and allows for trades with people from around the world.