The Nintendo DS truly had some great games, but which were the best-sellers? Well, VGChartz has produced a top ten best-sellers list which should answer the question. The Nintendo DS is the second best-selling gaming platform after the PlayStation 2 and is also the best-selling handheld of all-time. It had a range of innovative and unique titles and really had something for everyone. Here’s the best-selling video games on the handheld platform.
10th. Super Mario 64 DS – 10.28 Million
9th. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver – 11.75 Million
8th. Animal Crossing: Wild World – 12.12 Million
7th. Pokémon Black/White – 15.13 Million
6th. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day – 15.29 Million
5th. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl – 18.24 Million
4th. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day – 20.14 Million
3rd. Mario Kart DS – 23.18 Million
2nd. Nintendogs – 24.67 Million
1st. New Super Mario Bros. – 29.73 Million
There are thousands of Super Mario Maker levels every day, but every once and a while a few stages rise above the rest. This week, there are two notable ones that Mario lovers and challenge seekers may want to try out:
Welcome to the POW House:
This level takes the age-old POW block and uses it in different ways to navigate a ghost house. This is level design at its finest. If you want to test it out, you can find the level at: AFCC-0000-0090-9950.
P is for Pain
Meanwhile, P is for Pain really tests your skills. The stage is covered head to toe with spikes — the only way to get through is by jumping on the one-time-use P buttons. To try your hand, check the level at: 7FD3-0000-0095-698B.
Have you found any standout levels? Want to show off your own? Drop off your codes in the comments!
We posted earlier last month about the Super Mario Box being available to pre-order on the Nintendo UK store. The box includes a Mario Classic Colours amiibo, a retro Mario T-Shirt, an 8 Bit Mario Soft Toy and a Mario Hat. The official release date for this box was today, however Nintendo has been emailing some of their customers advising that their box will be delayed, and they will now receive it before October 23rd.
Thank you for pre-ordering the Super Mario Box (Limited Edition) with the Nintendo Official UK Store.
Regrettably there has been a delay in the dispatch of this product which unfortunately means your order will not be arriving today.
We are expecting this item to be delivered to you by Friday 23rd October 2015.
Should you wish to contact us about your order, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.
Nintendo Official UK Store”
This may have been down to demand for the item, however Nintendo has not disclosed a reason in the email. Let us know if you have received a similar communication.
Not many people have heard of the upcoming indie title, Lumo. Developed solely by seasoned professional Gareth Noyce, the isometric puzzle game is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation Vita, PC, Mac, and Linux in 2016. While the list presently excludes Nintendo platforms, Noyce isn’t stopping from pursuing a Wii U release. In a Twitter conversation today, Noyce addressed rumors saying he is “100% trying to make it happen”:
Lumo is inspired by SNES game Equinox, which was also an isometric puzzle title. For a better idea of what Lumo constitutes, check out the video below. Would you want Lumo on Wii U?
Source // Via
Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets for Nintendo 3DS has been known about for some time, though eagerly waiting fans had only a speculative Amazon estimate for release. However, today developer Ubisoft announced the game would be released on October 20th in North America and October 23rd in Europe. The game is based on the cult-classic TV show from the Disney Big Grin channel. Check out the teaser below for more information:
If you are a reader in Japan and have a Nintendo Network ID, you may want to check your email — demo codes for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes are being sent out to users. According to Reddit user Rayquaza3010, Nintendo has sent him 3 download codes for a challenge demo. Once in the demo, the game allows three players to team up online and take on the Zelda dungeons. This demo is limited to a set number of dates and times, specifically:
- 10/10: 23:00 – 24:00
- 10/11: 10:00 – 11:00
- 10/17: 23:00 – 24:00
- 10/18: 10:00 – 11:00
There is still no word whether America or Europe will be seeing a similar demo plan in the weeks to come. The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes releases on Nintendo 3DS on October 22, 2015.
Source // Via
Nintendo of America has detailed the games that are available this week on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop. There’s a number of big new releases this week including Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and also The Legend of Legacy all for the Nintendo 3DS. There’s also a special offer where if you purchase or own Runbow on Wii U you can save 30 percent on select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games in the Nintendo eShop.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash – Our tiny hero, Chibi-Robo, is geared up to save the world’s resources from invading aliens in his own HUGE platformer! Whip and swing Chibi-Robo’s powerful plug and cord to grapple and zip through tricky, trap-ridden corridors.
- 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Classic game Sonic the Hedgehog 2is here … and in 3D! Sonic is ready to save the day, and this time he’s got help from his friend Tails. But don’t forget to take some time off from saving the world to play against your friends in two-player “VS” and “CO-OP” modes using Nintendo 3DS local play. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- The Legend of Legacy – A mysterious island emerges, prompting adventurers to head toward it in hopes of obtaining glory and treasure. Join the seven characters in The Legend of Legacy and unravel the mystery of Avalon’s past. The Legend of Legacy will be available on Oct. 13. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Pocky & Rocky with Becky – It’s up to Pocky, Rocky the Raccoon and Becky to set out on a fantastical and dangerous journey to seal the Hydra Dragon once more. Choose one of three selectable characters in this Game Boy Advance adventure, and collect magical items and a variety of power-ups that enhance each character’s unique spells and abilities.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Buy or own Runbow on Wii U and save 30 percent on select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games in the Nintendo eShop until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct 22. Click here to learn more.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Explody Bomb up to 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
- Little Inferno is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 15
- KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
Also new this week: