Game developers Two Tribes has revealed that a patch will be released to address some of the issues in Toki Tori 2 for the Wii U. The platformer – featuring a delightful fluffy bird – has been quietly nesting in the Nintendo eShop for over three weeks, but the developers thought it was high-time to provide an update for those niggling problems players have experienced. The update has been submitted to Nintendo and is said to be coming soon. Here’s a list of the issues that has been fixed or changed:
- Improved the flow of the game after reaching the room with the ‘thing’
- Added another super-secret area
- Fixed a bug where Toki Tori was invisible after returning to the game
- Fades between levels now fade the audio too
- Simplified the puzzle in the underwater passage
- Fixed an issue when the TokiDex was completed in the photo room
- Some back- and foreground elements got a fresh coat of paint
- When all the collectibles in a level (or the entire game) are collected a melody will play to notify the player
- Fixed a rare bug where the player completed the game, but the end scene wouldn’t trigger
- Various level tweaks, based on Miiverse feedback
Nintendo UK has announced via Twitter that the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U patch will be available to download on the 16th of April. The patch will allow for Off-TV Play on the Wii U GamePad and also cross region online play with the United States. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is available for purchase now, but there have been stock shortages in the United Kingdom.
Gaijin Games today announced, via Twitter, that it has released a patch to squash a major bug on the Wii U console’s version of Bit.Trip Presents… Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. Among other things, the patch is supposed to solve the Wii U freezing problem, in which the console would freeze upon trying to shut it down while the game’s running, or exiting the game to return to the Wii U Menu. To download the patch, simply turn on your Wii U and press the game.
Sega has confirmed that they’ve issued a patch for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. The patch sorts out numerous bugs and glitches that can be found throughout the game. The patch is apparently now live for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U. Here’s the details.
• Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.
• X360 – Increased timeouts to allow for less network errors.
• Rating reset issues should be resolved.
• -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).
• Starlight Carnival – Road shader adjusted to prevent ‘driving in the sky’ issue.
• Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.
• Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.
• Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack, Ring Race, and certain Race events in World Tour.
• Corrected certain traffic attack gates not giving you extra time.
• Made the ‘Skip event after 3 failed events?’ option appear on all difficulties.
• Team Sonic – Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.
• Yokozuna – No longer unlocks when you only beat Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.
• ‘Beat someone 500 points higher than you’ sticker no longer awarded unless criteria met.
• ‘Meteor Strike’ No longer triggers incorrectly.
• Time Attack – Multiple exploit fixes.
• Online play – Multiple exploit fixes.
• Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.
• Improved front end leaderboard caching.
• In-games triggers now handle physics tunnelling better for very fast players.
• incorrect HUD showing ‘Lap 2’ cases addressed.
• Improved motion controls for Wii-U
• Favourite character in license no longer incorrect.
• Hot-Rod physics effect in Arena’s clamped.
• Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.
• Announcer should now say correct finishing position in high latency games
• All-Star music volume level corrected
• Reverb effects removed when audio disabled.
Ubisoft has announced that it has released a patch for the well-received ZombiU. The patch fixes a number of issues that have plagued the game since it launched alongside Wii U on November 18th. The main problem that the patch addresses is the issue where players are unable to progress through a nursery section because a door couldn’t be opened if they had followed specific steps. Here’s the rest of the fixes the patch addresses:
- On Mission 12, in the Nursery MAP, the interaction with the door in the basement of nursery was missing at rebirth if specific steps were followed.
- On Mission 13, in the Gas Station MAP, a Mission object that is mandatory to complete the objective was missing if specific steps were followed.
- On Mission 14, in the Circus MAP, if the player died right after recovering his Backpack, and rebooted the Wii U console, the objective was not updated.
- On Mission 15, in the Bunker MAP, the Panacea disappeared after the Player died while downloading it. However the objective remained the same (download Panacea).
- On Mission 10, in the Tower MAP, the Objective “Secure landing site” was not validated if specific steps were followed.
- On Mission 15, in the Bunker MAP, if specific steps were followed, the Player might get stuck in the Bunker after he took Doctor’s eye / Panacea because a Ladder disappeared.
- On Mission 16, in the MAP Safe House, the iron curtain in the Safe House lacked of collision during Mission 16. This Bug could lead to a scoring exploit on leaderboards.
- In the Safe House MAP, the Player saw a placeholder text when he dragged & dropped an item from the Blue Box to his holsters following certain steps.
- On Mission 12 or 15, in the Nursery MAP, the game crashed if the Player burned the Zombi Nurse while she died.
- Zombies animations transitions.
- Online messages spawned in the first section of the MAPs.
- Scanner’s start volume.
- Uplay cricket bat Cast Shadow has been removed.
- Optimizations of the framerate”
Activision has informed gamers what to expect from the forthcoming patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. The first patch that was released for the popular first person shooter was plagued with problems, which the publisher acknowledged. The latest update will address numerous issues that users who own the game will no doubt be experiencing. Here’s what’s set to change.
Wii U Specific Issues Addressed/Features
- Home Button Menu is now available in Multiplayer and Zombies when not in-game
- Send text messages from the lobby and friend list menus
- Wii Remote Changes
- Improved presets
- Buffed aim assist
- Wii Remote Bug Fixes
- Jittery movement
- Unable to turn when crouched/prone with a scoped weapon on Wii Remote
- Hybrid optic attachment stopped working after ADS on Wii Remote
- Guardian and Turret unmovable when weapon pickup option is set to inventory button
- Reticle disappearing during EMP
- Hunter Killer Drone does not fire in reticle direction
- Crash in Strike Force tutorial
- Lodestar score streak is hard to control (it now uses the control stick)
The development team behind Wii U exclusive ZombiU have announced that a patch for the game is currently in the works, and they will announce more soon. Although the development team declined to say what the patch fixes, numerous gamers have encountered glitches in the game. As soon as we hear anymore details regarding the patch we will let you know.
A number of you contacted me to let me know that the patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is now live on the Wii U. However, Treyarch has confirmed this morning that there are a number of problems with the patch that have not yet been resolved. The developer says that it’s working alongside Nintendo on a resolution to the problem and hopes to know more at some point tomorrow. Some of the menu listings from Xbox 360′s Revolution DLC are also showing up in the game. Treyarch says that this is a mistake on their part, and it isn’t confirmation that the DLC is coming to Wii U.
“We are noticing some issues with the version of the patch that was posted that you guys are also reporting here on the forums. We are working with Nintendo on a resolution to this problem and hope to know more at some point tomorrow. I will keep you posted as I receive more information.”
“We are aware that some of the menu listings from the 360′s Revolution DLC drop are showing up in the game. This is not a confirmation of DLC for the Wii U, just a versioning problem that we are working to address.”
“I do not want to publish the list of known fixes until I have confirmation that they are all live. I hope to be able to do this tomorrow, but as I mentioned, this is something we are working on with Nintendo, so the timeline isn’t entirely in our hands.”
Thanks to those that sent this in.
Activision has announced that it’s preparing a patch for the immensely popular Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 that should be available before the end of the month. The publisher has submitted the patch to Nintendo where it is currently being tested. Details of the patch haven’t been announced, but we should hear exactly what has been fixed fairly soon.
“Once Nintendo supplies us with a date that we can expect the patch to go live, I will publish another update. Sometimes they give us a few days warning, sometimes they give us a few hours warning.”
Reports are coming in that the patch for Trine 2 is now live for the Wii U in Europe. The developers have been promising to release a patch for quite some time, but they became stuck in the submission process. The patch for Trine 2 corrects the gamma settings, adds German voice acting, adds Wii U pro controller support, and also voice chat options.