Sega has confirmed via email that they will be releasing a brand new patch for the competent Sonic Lost World on the Wii U. The patch will be coming on December 11th in Japan and should see a number of issues fixed. Some of these issues include seizure-inducing imagery and other problems that need to be sorted. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long before we get a patch list, as well as a release date for the west.
Nintendo has announced that it has issued a patch correcting the potentially game-breaking bug in Pokemon X & Y. The bug occurred when players try to save the game in certain parts of Lumiose City. The company previously said that they were working hard on delivering a patch. That patch is now available to download on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Ubisoft has confirmed via Twitter that it is looking at providing a patch for the Wii U version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist. The latest Splinter Cell title has already been patched on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, with a PC update coming in the future. Here’s what the company had to say about a Wii U patch for Splinter Cell: Blacklist on the console.
For the record, we are also looking at the Wii U version.
Nintendo Japan has announced that it plans to release a patch for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team on the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo says that it is looking to distribute the patch as soon as possible and the company has apologised for any inconvenience caused. Hopefully issues with the overseas release will be looked into as well. Here’s what the patch fixes.
- On Mount Pajamaja, at the time you break the ice with a spin jump against the Massif Brothers, we fixed the problem in the game that wouldn’t let you progress when you spoke to the Massif Brothers, depending on how you proceeded.
- Late in the game against Antasma, we corrected the problem that didn’t let the battle end properly in certain circumstances.
- In addition, we fixed some other small problems to make the game run more smoothly.
Thanks, CM30 and Kallum
Nintendo has announced that it is bringing out another New Super Mario Bros U patch, but this time it includes support for the Wii U Pro Controller. The patch is expected to arrive around the same time as New Super Luigi U – which is the downloadable content for New Super Mario Bros U. The patch also allows you to purchase New Super Luigi U within New Super Mario Bros U, so you don’t need to go to the eShop to purchase it.
European owners of Devil Survivor Overclocked will be pleased to hear that the promised patch has been released and is now available to download straight from the Nintendo eShop. The patch was confirmed last month by publisher Ghostlight, and will fix temporary freezes when summoning a demon into battle, as well as a crash found within the Auction House. Ghostlight confirmed today via Twitter that the patch is ready and raring to go for the Nintendo 3DS title.
Game developers Two Tribes has revealed that a patch will be released to address some of the issues in Toki Tori 2 for the Wii U. The platformer – featuring a delightful fluffy bird – has been quietly nesting in the Nintendo eShop for over three weeks, but the developers thought it was high-time to provide an update for those niggling problems players have experienced. The update has been submitted to Nintendo and is said to be coming soon. Here’s a list of the issues that has been fixed or changed:
- Improved the flow of the game after reaching the room with the ‘thing’
- Added another super-secret area
- Fixed a bug where Toki Tori was invisible after returning to the game
- Fades between levels now fade the audio too
- Simplified the puzzle in the underwater passage
- Fixed an issue when the TokiDex was completed in the photo room
- Some back- and foreground elements got a fresh coat of paint
- When all the collectibles in a level (or the entire game) are collected a melody will play to notify the player
- Fixed a rare bug where the player completed the game, but the end scene wouldn’t trigger
- Various level tweaks, based on Miiverse feedback
Nintendo UK has announced via Twitter that the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U patch will be available to download on the 16th of April. The patch will allow for Off-TV Play on the Wii U GamePad and also cross region online play with the United States. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is available for purchase now, but there have been stock shortages in the United Kingdom.
Gaijin Games today announced, via Twitter, that it has released a patch to squash a major bug on the Wii U console’s version of Bit.Trip Presents… Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. Among other things, the patch is supposed to solve the Wii U freezing problem, in which the console would freeze upon trying to shut it down while the game’s running, or exiting the game to return to the Wii U Menu. To download the patch, simply turn on your Wii U and press the game.
This just in!! The #Runner2 Wii U patch has gone live! Spread the word!
— CommanderVideo (@BitTrip) March 29, 2013
Sega has confirmed that they’ve issued a patch for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. The patch sorts out numerous bugs and glitches that can be found throughout the game. The patch is apparently now live for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U. Here’s the details.
• Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.
• X360 – Increased timeouts to allow for less network errors.
• Rating reset issues should be resolved.
• -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).
• Starlight Carnival – Road shader adjusted to prevent ‘driving in the sky’ issue.
• Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.
• Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.
• Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack, Ring Race, and certain Race events in World Tour.
• Corrected certain traffic attack gates not giving you extra time.
• Made the ‘Skip event after 3 failed events?’ option appear on all difficulties.
• Team Sonic – Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.
• Yokozuna – No longer unlocks when you only beat Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.
• ‘Beat someone 500 points higher than you’ sticker no longer awarded unless criteria met.
• ‘Meteor Strike’ No longer triggers incorrectly.
• Time Attack – Multiple exploit fixes.
• Online play – Multiple exploit fixes.
• Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.
• Improved front end leaderboard caching.
• In-games triggers now handle physics tunnelling better for very fast players.
• incorrect HUD showing ‘Lap 2’ cases addressed.
• Improved motion controls for Wii-U
• Favourite character in license no longer incorrect.
• Hot-Rod physics effect in Arena’s clamped.
• Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.
• Announcer should now say correct finishing position in high latency games
• All-Star music volume level corrected
• Reverb effects removed when audio disabled.