Good news for Splatoon fans as there’s a new patch that will be winging its way to Wii U consoles this week. The patch, which is version 2.1.0, addresses a number of issues including some adjustments to stages such as Camp Triggerfish and Arowana Mall. As you might expect there’s also a number of behind the scenes bug fixes. Here’s a rundown of what is set to change.
- Arowana Mall: Adjusted terrain in one place to prevent squids from going through, all modes.
- Camp Triggerfish: Terrain adjustments to prevent players from directly jumping to the opponent’s side, Turf War and Splat Zones
Main Weapon adjustments
- All Rollers: While moving, the movement of the field of view when raising the roller overhead has been fixed. The problem in question was changed in Ver. 2.0.0; this corrects it to be the same movement as in Ver. 1.3.0.
Sub Weapon adjustments
- Splash Wall: In the situation a bomb hits the enemy’s Splash Wall, players standing on the other side of the Wall would receive damage. This has been corrected.
Ranked rule adjustments
- In Tower Control, if both team’s counts (goal distances) are extremely close, in spite of differences between the counts, the on-screen display denoting the counts/numbers would show the same numbers. This has been fixed.
- In Tower Control, after advancing the tower to the same count, the enemy was unable to take the lead in the situation if the tower was then taken.
- In Ver. 2.0.0 it was “the team that takes the lead’s count is decreased by 1,” while before Ver. 1.3.0 it was “the team who had the lead taken from them’s count is increased by 1.”
- The problem of receiving Error 104-2230 after downloading the Ver. 2.0.0 update to be fixed.
- Other adjustments to the game have been made so players may have a more pleasant experience.
Source / Via
Nintendo Japan has confirmed today that they’re working on a patch that will hopefully resolve connectivity issues with Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. The issues aren’t just related to 10-Man Smash, but also other single player modes such as Classic, All-Star, Stadium, Trophy Rush modes in the game. Nintendo has advised players to avoid these single player modes with Mewtwo for the time being while they work on rolling out a patch. Basically regular Smash, Smash Tour and online play are unaffected by the recent bug.
Thanks, Paid Enthusiast
Want to know what’s included in the Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric patch? Well, details have now emerged that the 1GB patch fixes a number of problems with the broken game. Sega and Big Red Button have yet to announce exactly what’s included within the 1GB patch, but scouring the internet it appears as though the following issues have been fixed with the game.
Knuckles Infinite Jump fixed
Some level barriers added to prevent the player from escaping the map. The most notorious example…
This is reported to no longer work, an invisible barrier prevents the player from escaping.
Navigation arrows “Small yellow arrows added which show you where to go” (They were in the original, but they now have some issues).
Improved Framerate during speed sections
Loops are ‘less choppy’
Minor lighting improvements
Mario Kart 8’s recent update to version 3.0 following the first DLC pack has had a few issues since its release. Unfortunately, users are now experiencing error codes when trying to upload their Mario Kart TV highlight reels to the YouTube community. Nintendo says they are aware of the error code 104-1852 users are currently facing when uploading reels and are looking to patch the issue in a future system update. Have you stumbled across this problem? Let us know in the comment section below.
When uploading a Mario Kart 8 highlight reel to YouTube, some users may receive error code 104-1852 and their video upload may fail as a result.
A Wii U system update is being prepared to address this issue. This article will be updated when this system update is ready for release.
The Version 1.0.2 update for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS is available early on the North American Nintendo eShop. The update will allow you to play online at midnight so it’s an absolute must. You can get it now on the eShop and it’s 364 blocks.
As of October 2, 2014, new update data for Super Smash Bros. has been made available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software’s online multiplayer features. Because of this, we strongly recommend that all Super Smash Bros. players download and install this update data.
Thanks, Josh N
Yacht Club Games has confirmed the Wii U update for Shovel Knight will be available today. Unfortunately, the action platform title suffered from a small in-game bug that would force users to restart after causing a soft lock during the Tinker Knight battle. According to the game’s developer, the 3DS patch isn’t quite ready yet but is coming soon. However, if you’re looking for a work-around in the mean time, Yacht Club Games has given the following method below:
“Ah! Yes, defeat him with an attack other than the aerial Shovel Drop. Try when on the ground or use Mobile Gear relic.”
The California-based developer is also working on a larger patch to address common issues and concerns for all platforms, in order for a smoother run. Shovel Knight is yet to receive a specified release date for Europe.
Nintendo and Retro Studios have finally released a patch which fixes an issue on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze where, upon completing level 3-3 – Frantic Fields, the path to level 3-4 – Scorch ‘n’ Torch would not open up, preventing players from proceeding with the game. The patch is available and fixes that specific error.