One of the bigger news stories this week was the announcement by Ubisoft that they are bringing the beloved Wii U launch title ZombiU to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. A number of you were wondering how the game would retain its intense atmosphere without the second screen. Thankfully, Ubisoft has explained how the new, and possibly improved, Zombi will work with traditional controllers.
“We knew from the beginning that maintaining the tension and feel of the original was one of the main challenges, as the way ZombiU was presented on Wii U cannot be reproduced,” says Hélène Henry, Zombi’s producer.
- Devs wanted to maintain a minimal HUD in order to preserve ZombiU’s sense of loneliness.
- Mini map now appears in a corner of the screen. Only appears when you need it.
- Increase of FOV to give player more spacial awareness.
- Accessing your backpack still does not pause the game. Backpack interface appears in the middle of the screen while player can still see to the left and right to watch for zombies.
- Multiplayer mode from Wii U removed as it simply couldn’t be done without two screens.
- Two new melee weapons: shovel and nail bat. Shovel has longer range and can hit multiple enemies in one swing, nail bat does more damage and also can hit multiple enemies.
- Flashlight has a new high setting with a wider, farther reaching beam but it will attract even more zombies when you use it.
- Flashlight now has a battery and has to recharge (ala Half-Life)
- Game “will perform better on newer consoles” (obvious) and controls have been tweaked to be more responsive.
Source / Via
If you downloaded the demo version of Just Dance 2016 on Wii U, you may have noticed that it has a total of 99 uses. Granted it’s not an unlimited amount of uses, but it sure is a significant number compared to most of the other demos in the Nintendo eShop. The Just Dance 2016 demo can be downloaded for free and it’s compatible with with the Just Dance Controller smartphone application, which allows you to play without any Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus controllers.
Today, Ubisoft announced a free Just Dance 2016 demo on new-gen consoles for players using the Just Dance Controller App. The one song demo is “Blame” by Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman and is now available to download on Nintendo’s Wii U system, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system. The latest installment in the best-selling music game franchise will launch on October 23 in the UK.
The free Just Dance Controller App, now available for Apple and Android devices and soon to also be available for Windows Phone devices, enables players on new-gen consoles to play Just Dance 2016 without any peripherals or console cameras. The app transforms the player’s smartphone into a game controller that tracks the accuracy of their moves and allows them to navigate intuitively through the game’s menus. To play the demo using the Just Dance Controller App on smartphones, players can simply follow the steps below. On Xbox One, players also have the option to access the demo using Kinect for Xbox One.
- Download the Just Dance Controller app to your Apple or Android smartphone.
- Download the Just Dance 2016 demo to your Wii U, PlayStation4 or Xbox One.
- Connect your smartphone to the same wi-fi network as the console.
- Select the song and dance holding the phone in your right hand!
With more than 40 new tracks, ranging from Billboard hits to classic throwback favourites, from artists like Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, Meghan Trainor, Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman and Lady Gaga, everyone in the entire family will have a favourite track to dance to in Just Dance 2016.
Source: Ubisoft PR
If you are looking for some bargains this afternoon then you may want to check out the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS eShop. The special event is Ubisoft’s Summer Sale and is up and running until August 3rd. You can get your hands on dramatically reduced titles such as the fantastic Child of Light and also platforming fun in Rayman Legends. You can view all the different games that are on offer in the extensive list below.
- Child of Light ($3.75 from $14.99)
- ZombiU ($14.99 from $19.99)
- Rayman Legends ($19.99 from $39.99)
- Assassin’s Creed III and IV ($14.99 from $19.99)
- Cloudberry Kingdom ($2.49 from $9.99)
- Splinter Cell Blacklist ($14.99 from $19.99)
- Just Dance 2015 ($19.99 from $39.99)
- Rabbids Land ($12.49 from $49.99)
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013, ESPN Sports Connection ($12.49 from $49.99)
- Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth ($7.49 from $29.99)
- The Smurfs 2 ($14.99 from $19.99
- Tetris Ultimate ($22.49 from $29.99)
- Rayman Origins/Rayman 3D ($7.49 from $29.99)
- Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars ($7.49 from $29.99)
- Splinter Cell 3D ($7.49 from $29.99)
- Poptropica: Forgotten Island ($22.49 from $29.99)
- Petz: Countryside ($22.49 from $29.99)
- Pets: Beach ($22.49 from $29.99)
- Rabbids Travel In Time 3D ($7.49 from $29.99)
- Petz Fantasy 3D ($7.49 from $29.99)
If you have been anxiously awaiting Gravity Falls: Legends of the Gnome Gemulets (which was only announced this week), Amazon has put up a listing for the game as well as allowed pre-orders to roll in. According to the listing, the game will be released November 3, 2015 and will be priced at $29.99. While Amazon is known to put up place holder dates to act as release dates, the fact that this does not end on an even date lends credit to the believe that it will be releasing soon. Are you excited to enter Gravity Falls?
UbiArt is gorgeous. It was used in Child of Light and Rayman Legends and will now be used in Gravity Falls: Legend Of The Gnome Gemulets. As we revealed yesterday the game is a Nintendo 3DS exclusive and looks wonderful judging from the screenshots and trailers which have been released today. Ubisoft, who are the developers behind the game, promise that it will stay faithful to the cartoon which currently airs on Disney XD. It will be released in the fall.
“The game delivers Gravity Falls’ trademark quirky humor in an authentic and interactive way, letting fans play as Dipper and Mabel as they set out to solve mysteries and restore order to Gnome Kingdom. Along their journey, players will encounter many more characters from the show and will explore locations including the town of Gravity Falls, the Mystery Shack, and more. Hirsch also designed the game’s original key art.”
Thanks, Spencer A
There is a rumour circulating around the internet that there’s a Gravity Falls game in development for the Nintendo 3DS and it is published by Ubisoft. The game is based on the American cartoon which is broadcast on Disney XD. The show follows the adventures of Dipper and his twin sister Mable as they unlock the secrets of the myserteous town of Gravity Falls where there are plenty of paranormal and supernatural creatures.