Ubisoft confirmed today that Tetris Ultimate, the latest iteration of the world’s most loved puzzle game, will be available for the Nintendo 3DS from November 11, 2014. In addition to delivering six exciting modes, Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS also includes an exclusive single-player Challenge mode.
Available digitally through the Nintendo eShop (11th November) and in as a boxed edition in retailers (14th November in the UK), Tetris Ultimate for 3DS offers exciting modes, fun features and unique visuals that allow 1–4 players to face off in seven different game modes:
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out!
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carouseland make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
- Challenge – With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test:
- Master – The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
- Rotation Lock – The orientation of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
- Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines
- Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Tetris Ultimate will also be available for digital download this winter for the Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system, and Windows PC.