Thankfully, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be available on both the Nintendo Switch and the Wii U. However, many Nintendo fans are wondering what the differences will be between the two versions. Nintendo has outlined the various changes that there will be in both versions and IGN has handily outlined them below:
- Both launch on the same day, March 3.
- Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
- Both versions of the game offer the same content.
- On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
- The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
- The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
- Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
- A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.