iSpot.tv, which measures TV advertising in real-time, have released figures regarding advertising spend, ads shown and audience engagement in the US. Nintendo came in at a positive fifth place overall. Take a look at some of the figures:
- 4.4 percent of the video game industry’s digital SOV. (Share of voice)
- 45.94 percent of the brand’s engagement came from “Super Mario Maker: Play Everywhere. Create Anywhere”
- Nintendo ran seven commercials 692 times, which resulted in 97.4 million TV ad impressions
- Estimated spend of nearly $1.9 million
– ads generated 1,738,797 online views, 1,360 social actions and 9,882 searches
With Nintendo upping their presence online, partnering with McDonald’s and having a major spot in the Olympics closing ceremony, it would seem that their Marketing department are intent on keeping Nintendo in the spotlight.