News has emerged this evening that Level-5 have acquired Kenji Inafune’s Comcept company. It is now known as Level-5 Comcept. The news was reported in Weekly Famitsu and has since been translated by Gemastu. Here’s all the details in
- From around the time we worked together on Guild 02, there have been talks about doing something together.
- Inafune: “I had the feeling that I wanted to be like Hino since around the time I was at Capcom.”
- To easily describe it, Level-5 Comcept is a company that combines the philosophies of both companies.
- It is a new company with the base staff of Comcept and the involvement of Akihiro Hino.
- Inafune: Although there are plans to close Comcept as it currently stands in the future, I will take responsibility for the titles I’m working on until the end.
- Level-5 Comcept is a subsidiary of Level-5. To paint a picture, instead of receiving instruction and then working on a title, it is a place where the Comcept team and Hino will make games together.
- Level-5 Comcept is based in Osaka. In the future, they want it to play the role of Level-5’s Osaka studio.
- Currently, Level-5 Comcept is made up of about 15 people, who are mostly Comcept members, but they want to gradually recruit staff from here on.
- The goal is to make games that show that they’re in the league of Inafune.