We found out recently that Overcooked is destined for the Nintendo Switch which pleased many. Technology publication Digital Foundry have gone hands-on with the Switch version and have produced the video below giving their verdict. Interestingly, the site says they can not recommend the Nintendo Switch version of Overcooked in its current state. Here’s a summary thanks to NeoGAF member Plum.
- Runs at 1080p in docked and 720p handheld
- Good use of HD Rumble
- Severe performance issues, mostly runs at 22-26fps w/drops lower
- Judder and bad frame-pacing makes things even worse
- Potential for improvement (e.g. Bomberman which also ran on Unity)
- Dev team fully aware of the issues