Skip to content

Microsoft Says Their Relationship With Nintendo On Minecraft Has Been “Strong”

It has been a while since we’ve last heard about Microsoft and Nintendo’s relationship with Minecraft cross-play between platforms. That has changed, as Xbox boss Phil Spencer has commented about the matter. He wasn’t as positive about Sony, but he had nice things to say about Nintendo. Spencer says their relationship with Nintendo on Minecraft has been “strong” and they have been “great supporters”. Here’s what Phil Spencer had to say:

“We talk to Sony all the time. With Minecraft on PlayStation, we have to be one of the biggest games on their platform in terms of sales and gameplay. Same with Nintendo. The relationship with Nintendo on this front has been strong. They’ve been great supporters and we continue to collaborate with them. But I think Sony’s view is different. They should talk about what their view is…”


29 thoughts on “Microsoft Says Their Relationship With Nintendo On Minecraft Has Been “Strong””

    1. I actually enjoyed how much this wasn’t just a PR statement. It’s super bitchy! First they start with a brag about their software being on top of Sony’s console sales. Then they say how great their relationship is with Nintendo UNLIKE Sony, WHO NEVER TALKS ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHATS WRONG IF YOU DON’T TALK TO ME SONY!

      1. LOL, yeah I understand what your saying. That’s the first thing I thought when I read the comment.

        It’s an indirect way of bitching and bragging about Minecraft.

  1. Microsoft listen, I understand that you have a good relationship with Nintendo but…

    we, fans of Nintendo, what you took away from us… Yeah you know what I’m talking about… And also they doesn’t care about those…

    So, basically, I have to consider BK dead? At least give to me the possibility to play the game on the N64 mini.

    1. Yes BK is dead because the Rare that made that game does not exist anymore. I’d be surprised if anyone from the original team is still on board. The founders left in 2007 (just compare the difference in Bioware game quality before and after it’s founders left… leadership matters). Rare had the right people at the right time and made some classics, but after 20 years there’s no one who worked with that team, no one to carry on the spirit of the game that is still a part of Rare. It would just be a bunch of strangers using someone else’s characters.

    2. King Kalas X3 {I only buy exclusives that interest me on Switch. For everything else that interests me, there is PS4.}

      More like what Nintendo foolishly let go.

        1. King Kalas X3 {I only buy exclusives that interest me on Switch. For everything else that interests me, there is PS4.}

          By the time Microsoft fully bought Rare, Rare was no longer in charge of who bought it. In fact, Nintendo owned 49% of the company’s stock & could have bought the other 51% but didn’t which left the floor for Microsoft to buy that stock. When Microsoft bought that stock, Nintendo & Microsoft could have partnered up & both had access to Rare’s great library of games for their respective systems. Sadly, Nintendo sold their stock to Microsoft like fools and the rest is history. So blame Rare & Microsoft all you want but it won’t change the fact it was ultimately Nintendo that let the company go & thus doomed it to destruction by Microsoft. No matter. When I find one for cheap enough, I’ll be buying an Xbox One for Rare Replay, anyway, so Nintendo’s mistake won’t be an issue for me for too much longer.

          1. I think in one part you’re right.

            I blame Rare & Microsoft all the time, but this time I will change my mind about Rare, because after I read the last discussion of one developer where he answered a question about BK he responded with “Turning back it’s not good to us”. After this it’s clearly that Rare is dead to me. BK, Conker and some othe rgood stuff is dead now.

            Now on I will not blame both companies. I don’t care it anymore after that.

    1. Nintendo First Order Commander Quadraxis

      ||One day, you people will understand what the Microsoft Realm is all about, the Xbots are merely an extension of their corrupted, disgusting agenda…||

          1. King Kalas X3 {I only buy exclusives that interest me on Switch. For everything else that interests me, there is PS4.}

            I’m assuming your choice is Quagmire’s way. (Mine would have been Peter’s way. If I paid for a nice, cold beverage, I’m not gonna let it go to waste.)

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: