Murderific news everyone! Digerati and Blue Wizard Digital are insanely excited to announce that Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut is coming to Nintendo Switch. The meatiest version of the most violentest puzzle game ever made, Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut arrives on the console at a still-to-be confirmed date in March (aka NEXT MONTH!).
As well as being copiously stuffed with a ridiculous number of mind-twisting puzzles, the Switch version features touchscreen controls for maximum intense finger action in handheld mode. And if you’re not a fan of comic ultraviolence you can enjoy the sanitised safety of PG Mode for a bloodless and gore-free good time!
Slayaway Camp is the debut game from Blue Wizard Digital, the indie studio formed by PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka. Between them, the Blue Wizard team has previously worked on such awesome titles as Bejeweled, Peggle, Cosmochoria, and Cardinal Quest.
In addition to that star-studded roll-call, Slayaway Camp features the incredible voice-over talents of Mark Meer, better known to gamers as Mass Effect’s Commander Shepard, and Derek Mears, who plays legendary killer Jason Voorhees in the 2009 reboot of Friday the 13th.
ABOUT THE GAME
Slayaway Camp is a killer puzzle game where you control Skullface, a psychotic slasher hell-bent on revenge. Slide this adorably demented murderer around hundreds of isometric puzzle levels to squash, flay, and decapitate hapless victims in this darkly comic homage to 80s horror movies.
This special console-only Butcher’s Cut edition is the biggest and bloodiest version of Slayaway Camp… EVER! More puzzles. More killers. More gore. It’s the ultimate videogame nasty.
- Includes the base game and the following additional content: Deluxe Edition, My Gory Valentine, HellCamp, Monthly Murderers Series 1 & 2, Supernatural Forces, and Santa’s Slay
- 300+ Fiendish puzzle levels to massacre your way through
- 60+ Killers to cause comical carnage with, including deranged wackos such as Mutant Hillbilly, Kevin, and the killer inter-dimensional clown: THAT
- 90+ Gorepacks with delightfully OTT kill scenes to shock and entertain
- Finger-stabbing fun enabled! Play using touchscreen controls in handheld mode
- Feeling squeamish? Choose PG Mode and play without blood or gore
- Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as Skullface and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as Jessica
- Genuine hair-metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian group GNÜ TRUNTION
- Created by Jason Kapalka (Peggle, Bejewelled), Nate Schmold & Jessi Ross (Cosmochoria) and Ido Yehieli (Cardinal Quest)
Slayaway Camp was recently selected as an overall winner at the annual Google Play Indie Games Festival.