The official Pokemon GO blog has announced a few changes that are being rolled out in the coming days for the popular smartphone game. These changes see the addition of Pokemon originally found in the Sinnoh Region, which is bound to please fans. Here’s the new additions to the Pokemon adventure on mobile:
“Are you ready for a Sinnoh adventure? We’re excited to let you know that in preparation for the arrival of Pokémon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region, we are making two key shifts to the game balance in the coming weeks. These changes are based on Trainer feedback and are designed to promote an improved overall experience.”
Changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior
As you explore the world of Pokémon GO, the following changes will affect the Pokémon that appear around you:
- We are making adjustments to weather and, moving forward, it will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
We also wanted to use this opportunity to rebalance in-game battle mechanics. You may notice some of the following changes in the coming weeks:
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between high HP Pokémon and low HP Pokémon.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be retroactively rebalanced, allowing highly defensive Pokémon to be valuable in battle by outlasting opponents rather than simply running out the clock.
- Defense values have also been slightly retroactively reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.