The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu contains a special interview with Platinum Games Hideki Kamiya and Atsushi Inaba. The team got together to discuss the recent Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle and of course they had to be quizzed about Bayonetta 3 for the Nintendo Switch. Speaking about the game, Kamiya said that development is currently going smoothly. Here’s some choice quotes from the issue:
- Atsushi Inaba, game designer: “The first game I was involved in development with at Platinum was Bayonetta.”
- Hideki Kamiya, director: “Bayonetta was originally developed for Xbox 360, and we didn’t even think about developing it for PlayStation 3.”
- Inaba: “We didn’t know which console’s players would enjoy our games more, so we prioritized the console that was easier to develop for. We couldn’t afford to think about a multiplatform release.
- Kamiya: “I remember there was a great big cheer at the development studio when we tested out Bayonetta summoning demons and losing her clothes.”
- Inaba: “Not in a dirty way. It was a joyous cheer to celebrate that our ideas all fit together well.”
- Kamiya: “I hope Viewtiful Joe will also get some focus. That was the first game I included slow motion in. We added Dante on the PS2 version.”
- Kamiya: “Bayonetta 3‘s development is progressing smoothly. Actually, there’s a lot of info hidden in the teaser announcement in 2017.”