One game that’s sure to be on many Nintendo Switch owners Christmas lists is the 3D Mario compilation Super Mario 3D All-Stars. The collection, which is only set to be sold until 31st March 2021, features three classic 3D Mario games in HD. The games are Super Mario 64 from the Nintendo 64, Super Mario Sunshine which launched on the GameCube and finally the original Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. All games can be played in either handheld mode or docked. Here’s a new trailer from Nintendo of America focussing on the brilliant Super Mario Sunshine which was released in 2002. Here’s what the collection includes:
- Discover (or rediscover) three of Mario’s most iconic 3D platform adventures, all in one package, available on the Nintendo Switch™ system. Experience Mario’s first foray into 3D platforming in the Super Mario 64™ game, originally released in 1996. Wall jump, backflip, and even fly as you explore paintings and collect Power Stars to save Princess Peach!
- Soak up the sun in the Super Mario Sunshine™ game, originally released in 2002, and spray the goop away with your water-spouting pal, FLUDD! You’ll need to collect Shine Sprites and clear the picturesque Isle Delfino of pollution—just look out for Bowser Jr.
- Defy gravity as you explore space in the Super Mario Galaxy™ game, originally released in 2007! Help Rosalina restore her ship by collecting Power Stars and save Princess Peach. Gently shake a Joy-Con™ controller to activate Mario’s Spin ability or pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend for some extra help in Co-Star Mode*.
- Even when you aren’t playing, you can enjoy the sounds that these worlds (and galaxies!) are so famous for. With three games, modern upgrades, and music-player mode, this collection is filled with fun for both new players and 3D platforming Mario masters.
- The physical version of Super Mario 3D All-Stars (released Sept. 18) will continue to be shipped to retailers and available for purchase through March 31, 2021 or while supplies last. The digital edition will be available through March 31, 2021. Once the digital edition has been purchased on your Nintendo Account, it can be re-downloaded and played if deleted from your device.