Square Enix has released on online survey to gauge fan feedback on the popular Kingdom Hearts franchise. The survey asks what platforms gamers are playing on and which genre’s people prefer. Although Kingdom Hearts 3 isn’t coming to Wii U, it’s worth letting Square Enix know that there are Wii U owners out there that want the game. You can take part in the survey, right here.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Ex Criterion boss Alex Ward has taken to Twitter to complain about both EA and Nintendo. Ward who helped develop the respected port of Need for Speed: Most Wanted Wii U says that neither EA or Nintendo gave the team any support and they were left feeling rather aggrieved. Ward has now started his own indie company, but when asked about if his game would come to Wii U he replied that it’s fairly unlikely.
The latest Miiverse post from Super Smash Bros. series director Masahiro Sakurai has revealed a new Animal Crossing-themed stage. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS includes Tortimer Island, where the aged mayor plays a cameo role. Earlier this week, Sakurai confirmed that the twin sorceress sisters from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time appear in the 3DS version of the fighting game’s Gerudo Valley stage. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is set to arrive this year.
The official Nintendo Store is selling a refurbished 32GB Deluxe Wii U console with the entertaining Nintendo Land for $200. The console also comes with a standard one year warranty, so if you have any problems with the device you’ll be covered.
The Wii U Deluxe Set is now available as an Authentic Nintendo Refurbished set only from Nintendo, and it comes with our standard one year warranty. Although it may have minor cosmetic blemishes, it is guaranteed to be fully functional. We think you will find the standards for Authentic Nintendo Refurbished Products are very high.
Thanks, Simply G
The folks over at IGN have managed to get their hands on the adorable Yoshi’s New Island Nintendo 3DS XL console. The product launches the same day as Yoshi’s New Island is released, but according to IGN, it doesn’t include the game. You can pre-order the Yoshi’s New Island 3DS XL console for $199.99 at Toys ‘R Us.
Twitch, the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, today announced it will be the official live streaming partner of Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). The partnership with the tradeshow’s owner, Entertainment Software Association (ESA), is a three year agreement beginning with E3 2014 that will heighten the global presence for the leading video game event.
E3 2014 takes place on June 10-12 at the Los Angeles Convention Center where Twitch will have a prominent booth in the South Hall. Twitch’s E3 channel will be integrated into all parts of the convention’s presence, including E3 Insider and E3Expo.com. In addition, the Twitch feed will be featured on monitors spread throughout the convention halls, as well as the lounges and press center.
“Live video has changed the video game industry in a fundamental way and transformed how gamers learn, communicate and share their passion for games,” said Jonathan Simpson-Bint, chief revenue officer, Twitch. “Twitch looks forward to deepening consumers’ E3 online experience with top E3 news, original interviews, and behind-the-scenes E3 footage.”
“E3 is the leading computer and video game event in the world. It is known and respected as the launch pad for the latest in video game news,” said Rich Taylor, senior vice president of communications and industry affairs at ESA. “We look forward to partnering with Twitch and extending E3’s worldwide reach to billions of consumers.”
Ubisoft has teased on Facebook that it has a big announcement to share with gamers at 6pm CET today. Clearly speculation is rife regarding what the announcement will be about. A release date and trailer for the highly anticipated Watch Dogs appears to be the best bet. However, it could be the reveal of the next Assassin’s Creed.
Big news tonight – be ready at 18:00 CET!
Update: It looks as though the news has broke early and it’s the release date for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PC version of Watch Dogs on May 27th. We already know that the Wii U version of the game is delayed.
Nintendo Europe have revealed via Twitter that they will be releasing a limited edition version of Mario Kart 8 in Europe. The limited edition version comes complete with a Spiny Shell Collector’s Item. Mario Kart 8 is due to be released in North America and Europe, May 30th.
Mario Kart fans who have ever unleashed a Spiny Shell item or been on the wrong side of one will know of their capacity to make or break a race, therefore as a memento of times both good and not so good, the Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition software bundle will come complete with a Spiny Shell Collector’s Item alongside a physical copy of Mario Kart 8, with the Spiny Shell proudly perched atop a black and transparent frame.
Packaged together as a uniquely designed bundle, the Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition launches on 30th May 2014 and is ready for pre-order now from the Nintendo UK Online Store and selected retailers, available while stocks last. Customers in the UK & Ireland who have already pre-ordered the standalone copy of Mario Kart 8 will have the opportunity to upgrade pending availability. One of the most devastating items found in-game, expect to see the Spiny Shell back in its natural environment knocking champion racers off the podium when the item appears in the Mario Kart franchise once more from 30th May 2014.
As an added extra for those who pre-order – at retail – either the Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition software bundle or Mario Kart 8 as a standalone game, Mario Kart-themed keyrings will be available for fans from selected outlets. Whether satisfying a need for speed with the Golden Dash Mushroom, knocking over rival drivers with a Red Shell, or temporarily bulldozing through a course in the form of a Bullet Bill, the keyrings on offer will represent some of the most memorable items from the Mario Kart franchise.
In the UK & Ireland the Golden Dash Mushroom will be available for those that pre-order at Littlewoods and Very, whilst those pre-ordering via a selection of independent retailers*** will receive the Bullet Bill keyring. The Nintendo UK Online store will be offering an exclusive Mario Kart 8 bundle which will include the Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Spiny Shell bundle, a Bullet Bill T-Shirt and the Red Shell keyring. GAME will be offering those in the UK that pre-order Mario Kart 8 a Wii U Super Mario Kart Racing Wheel.
Japanese gaming publication Famitsu has published its readers most wanted games this week. Interestingly Mario Kart 8 has risen in the charts and is now sitting firmly in second position. However, the number one game this week is Final Fantasy XV for the PlayStation 4. Here’s the most wanted games in Japan this week.
- 01/03. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix, TBA) – 663 votes
- 02/04. [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 649 votes
- 03/01. [PS3] Persona 5 (Atlus, Winter 2014) – 634 votes
- 04/13. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami, TBA) – 429 votes
- 05/02. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 405 votes
- 06/05. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, Fall 2014) – 395 votes
- 07/06. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix, TBA) – 382 votes
- 08/07. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus, 06/05/14) – 347 votes
- 09/15. [PS3] Dark Souls II (03/13/14) – 284 votes
- 10/11. [3DS] New Love Plus+ (Konami, 03/27/14) – 270 votes
- 11/12. [3DS] Bravely Second (Square Enix, TBA) – 263 votes
- 12/08. [PS3] Tales of Zestiria (Namco Bandai, TBA) – 257 votes
- 13/09. [PS3] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 2014) – 253 votes
- 14/10. [PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Jigoku-Hen (Namco Bandai, 04/10/14) – 252 votes
- 15/18. [PS4] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 2014) – 239 votes
- 16/14. [Wii U] Hyrule Warriors (Tecmo Koei, 2014) – 225 votes
- 17/30. [3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Square Enix 04/24/14) – 189 votes
- 18/20.[3DS] Game Center CX 3-Chome no Arino (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 184 votes
- 19/21. [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo, 2014) – 183 votes
- 20/16. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 2014) – 178 votes
- 21/24. [PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 2014) – 177 votes
- 22/19. [PS3] The Last Remnant (Square Enix, movedtomobile) – 170 votes
- 23/22. [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, Summer 2014) – 146 votes
- 24/—. [PSV] Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd (Sega, 03/27/14) – 135 votes
- 25/17. [3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous AQL, 08/07/14) – 125 votes
- 26/— [PS3] The Last Guardian (SCEJ, TBA) – 124 votes
- 27/29. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, TBA) – 117 votes
- 28/—. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami, TBA) – 103 votes
- 29/28. [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Jigoku-Hen (Namco Bandai, 04/10/14) – 99 votes
- 30/—. [PS3] The Idolmaster: One For All (Namco Bandai, 05/15/14) – 98 votes
Thanks, Simply G
Gabe Newell has revealed that his favorite non-Valve game is Super Mario 64. Newell, who’s known as the co-founder and managing director of Valve, previously expressed his fondness for the Nintendo 64 classic as well as its director and producer – Shigeru Miyamoto. Super Mario 64 was originally released in 1996 and a remake called Super Mario 64 DS hit the Nintendo DS in 2004.