Reviews for the forthcoming Mario Golf: World Tour have come streaming in and the average review score for Mario’s latest golfing adventure on Metacritic is a respectable 77. At the time of writing there’s been 20 reviews with IGN Italia stating that Mario Golf: World Tour is a great golf game that gets even better with its online modes. It’s very good looking and extremely fun to play. A demo for Mario Golf: World Tour is available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
We’ve finally got overall sales data for the Nordic market during 2013. The data is based on a tailored report by the American market intelligence company SuperData Research, this digital outlook together with physical sales reported by Gfk presents a more complete picture of the Nordic market. This picture totals nearly one billion euro, far more than any previous figure reported in Nordic Game Sales . Here’s the best-selling games in 2013.
1. GTA V
2. FIFA 14
4. CoD: Ghost
5. Assassin’s Creed IV
6. The Last of Us
7. NHL 14
8. Skylanders: SF
9. FIFA 13
10. CoD: BO2
11. Disney Infinity
12. Far Cry 3
13. Skylanders: Giants
15. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
16. Just Dance 2014
17. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
18. The Sims 3: Island Paradise
19. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
20. Assassin’s Creed III
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- NES Remix 2 – Take on rapid-fire challenges from classic NES games remixed with mind-bending twists like playing as Link while running from Boos and nabbing coins as Kirby in Super Mario Bros. Experience epic game-play set pieces from the likes of Kid Icarus, Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link in ways you never have before. NES Remix 2 will be available on April 25. Click here to check out the trailer for NES Remix 2.
- Child of Light – Child of Light is an RPG inspired by fairy tales. The story takes you on the coming-of-age journey of Aurora, the daughter of a duke, who is transported to the fantastic world of Lemuria. Players can play alone or in seamless Cooperative mode, controlling Aurora’s friend Igniculus the firefly through the Wii U GamePad controller. Child of Light will be available on April 29. Click here to check out the trailer for Child of Light.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 – April is a month to remember with classic games launching each week. Yoshi is back, baby! In this Game Boy Advance classic, he’s ready to romp through a crayon-colored world where enemies are everywhere. Prepare to flutter jump and toss eggs to protect Baby Mario from the evil Magikoopa, Kamek. To save the day, Yoshi will have to morph into vehicles and even eat his enemies to turn them into eggs. Click here to check out the trailer for Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Mario Golf: World Tour – Demo Version – Go clubbing around the world with Mario! Tee off as your favorite Mushroom Kingdom or Mii character while challenging players online. Shoot into Warp Pipes and dodge Piranha Plants in Mushroom Kingdom areas, or take a shot at nature-themed courses. Power-up your shots with special items to burn past pesky plants, blast over gaping chasms or freeze water hazards. The full version of Mario Golf: World Tour launches in stores and the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on May 2. Click here to check out the teaser trailer for Mario Golf: World Tour.
- Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends – Mama is back in her gardening gloves and planting the seeds of friendship. Get growing with 50 fresh plants, new activities and creative gardening fun. Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends will be available on April 29. Click here to check out the teaser trailer for Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends.
- Nintendo eShop Sale
- Joindots – For a limited time, select games by Joindots are now on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including FunFair Party Games, Gardenscapes, Secret Agent Files: Miami and 3D MahJongg. This offer is valid until 9 a.m. PT on May 8.
Also new this week:
- Ava and Avior Save the Earth (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available April 29
- Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Me & My Furry Patients 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Sea Battle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / DSiWare on Nintendo DSi)
Nintendo has revealed via its online store that the lovely Yoshi and Peach Wii Remote Plus controllers are coming to Europe. These special edition Wii Remote Plus controllers cost the same amount as regular Wii Remote Plus. They will go on sale on May 30th.
With just over a month to go until gravity-defying racing comes to Wii U in the shape of Mario Kart 8, Nintendo has today announced that a Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack – Special Edition Wii U hardware bundle will accompany the launch of the game on 30th May.
The release of the Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack – Special Edition represents an ideal offering for first-time Wii U owners, with a black Wii U Premium console with 32GB* of storage packaged alongside a black Wii U GamePad controller, Sensor Bar, and the all-important Mario Kart 8 game disc. With Mario Kart 8 set to feature 16 remixed classic courses, as well as 16 courses that are brand new to the series, both newcomers and veteran drivers alike will face fresh karting challenges with the added twist of a new antigravity feature allowing Mario and company to race upside down or up vertical surfaces.
While the likes of Bowser’s minions – all seven of the pesky bunch – will be playable for the first time in Mario Kart history from 30th May, experienced drivers such as Princess Peach and Yoshi have featured in all games in the series to date. Fans wishing to pay tribute to these two legendary racers can get their hands on new Wii Remote Plus Peach and Wii Remote Plus Yoshi controllers, both of which will release on 30th May, the same day as Mario Kart 8 launches in stores and on Nintendo eShop. Decked out in all pink with signature flashes of blue and yellow, the Wii Remote Plus Peach features a regal touch on the front of the controller in the form of a white crown. Meanwhile, the Wii Remote Plus Yoshi controller comes complete in a green and white shell, with an iconic Yoshi egg adorning its front.
As a reminder, fans looking to pick up Mario Kart 8 alongside a special collectible can also get their hands on a Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition software bundle, which comes complete with a Spiny Shell Collector’s Item alongside a physical copy of the game. The Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition software bundle is available to pre-order while stocks last including from the Official Nintendo Online Store.
Just over one month remains until Mario and other legendary racers from the Mushroom Kingdom line up at the starting grid in Mario Kart 8, complete with 32 new and remixed classic courses influenced by antigravity, new items to unleash during the heat of a race, and a host of ways to enjoy the action including 12-player online competitive play, and four-player local multiplayer
Nintendo has confirmed via the Club Nintendo website that they won’t be taking anymore orders for physical rewards until May 13th. The company says that while physical rewards won’t be available, there’s still a collection of great digital games that you can download instantly.
“Orders for physical rewards are currently closed while we update our systems. But there’s good news: We’ll be accepting orders again starting May 13. We’ve also got great digital games that you can download instantly, so check ‘em out.”
Skylanders is redefining the toys-to-life phenomenon with yet another ground-breaking innovation, Skylanders Trap TeamTM. On October 5 in North America, Activision Publishing, Inc, will introduce the newest installment to the Skylanders franchise, which will reverse the magic of bringing toys to life – incredibly letting kids pull characters out of the digital world into the physical world. The
With Skylanders Trap Team, Portal Masters seek out and defeat the most wanted villains in all of Skylands, pulling them out of the game and into living rooms by capturing them in magical Traps. Players can then send villains back into the game where they play as them to fight for good. The game will include the Traptanium PortalTM, a new ring of magical energy that enables kids to not only bring their Skylanders to life, but also magically capture villains using the new Traps. Once they’ve defeated the villains, kids will be able to place a Trap into the new portal to capture them. They will also be able to hear the villains inside the Traps, an innovation that truly brings life to toys.
This exciting new play pattern also gives players the option to switch between playing as a Skylander hero or a villain at any time, creating fun and unique “tag team” gameplay. In addition, fans can even take their Traps and their Skylanders characters to their friends’ houses for fun, co-operative adventures across all console game systems.
“When we created Skylanders, we invented a new category of play and, in the process, disrupted two industries – videogames and toys. With each new Skylanders game, our commitment to continuous, disruptive innovation has led to surprising and delightful new ways for kids to play with toys and games,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. “With Skylanders Trap Team, we’re no longer just letting kids bring their toys to life inside the game anymore. This time, we’re letting them pull their toys out of the game as well. We are confident this installment of Skylanders will once again redefine what’s possible at the intersection of the physical and virtual worlds.”
“When Activision first introduced the Skylanders franchise in 2011, it promised to redefine play by merging the physical and digital worlds. The company delivered on that pledge with three blockbuster titles – all of which have been named to the annual Toys”R”Us Holiday Hot Toy List – and is now poised to do it again with the introduction of Skylanders Trap Team,” said Richard Barry, Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer Toys”R”Us, Inc. “With Skylanders Trap Team, Activision is reversing the magic of ‘toys-to-life,’ allowing kids to bring characters out of the digital world and into the physical world for the first time. We’re thrilled to continue as a marquee destination for Skylanders products, providing a comprehensive, global marketing and merchandising program, including our fully exclusive Legendary series of figures that will introduce Skylanders Trap Team to our enthusiastic customers this October.”
In Skylanders Trap Team, Kaos continues his ongoing quest to rule over Skylands. He has discovered the location of the legendary Cloudcracker Prison — a fortress built entirely out of the magical substance TraptaniumTM and home to Skylands’ most nefarious baddies. In an attempt to build his own army of foes, Kaos blows up the prison, releasing the most wanted villains and blasting shards of Traptanium to Earth in the form of Traps. Now it’s up to Portal Masters to recapture all of the escaped villains using powerful Traptanium Traps and defeat Kaos before it’s too late! The new adventure delivers a diverse and dynamic story-driven gameplay experience, filled with adventure, combat, puzzles, mini-games, activities, platforming and drop-in/drop-out co-op play — all set within new compelling environments.
Skylanders Trap Team introduces Skylanders heroes known as Trap Masters, brand new Core Skylanders characters and reposed fan-favorite Skylanders characters. The game also features a variety of elementally aligned Traps with unique and interesting designs. With every addition to their Trap Team collection, Portal Masters unlock exciting gameplay possibilities within each level.
Fans can pre-order Skylanders Trap Team starting on April 23, with special offers available at select retail destinations worldwide. Skylanders Trap Team will be available on Xbox 360TM and Xbox OneTMvideo game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, PlayStation(r) 3 and PlayStation(r) 4 computer entertainment systems, Nintendo’s Wii TM system, Nintendo’s Wii U TM system, and a completely unique adventure available on the Nintendo 3DS TM hand-held system. The game will be available on October 5 in North America; October 2 in Australia/New Zealand; and October 10 in Europe.
Popular US video game retailer GameStop has announced that it plans to increase its focus on both smartphones and tablets, rather than video games. GameStop CEO Paul Raines calls the bold new move “GameStop 3.0.” Raines says the company will close around 2% of its current retail stores. GameStop will be opening Spring Mobile and Simply Mac stores instead. Spring Mobile will cover AT&T-branded phones and Simply Mac covers Apple products. They will open over 200 Spring Mobile stores and 20 Simply Mac stores.
Nintendo has uploaded a new television advert for Mario Golf: World Tour’s upcoming release. The advert showcases some of the interesting and unique character shots from various trailers, some exposure for the Castle Club, as well as the local and online multiplayer modes for all your extra golfing needs.
Yesterday, Nintendo confirmed the title would receive DLC, as well as a Season Pass offer and an exclusive Gold Mario playable character. Mario Golf: World Tour is set for release for the Nintendo 3DS on May 2 in both North America and Europe.
Nintendo has rolled out a new Miiverse update today and Marty is on hand to divulge the details in the community forum. For those who often access Miiverse on the go from smartphones or the internet, you’ll be pleased to hear there’s now an option to access posts only from verified users. To enable the feature just select “posts from verified users” icon at the top of the community screen and an update will never pass you by again.
The second feature, as Marty explains, is an update to the community search function, allowing you to search for communities by software title. It will affect all versions of Miiverse and, subsequently, means users can no longer post numerous comments in a short space of time on someone else’s post.
According to the update, Miiverse users will have to wait for up to three minutes before being able to post again. However, this only affects other people’s posts, since you can post as many times as you like on your own. Of course, the update will be put to great use in terms of moderation, but it may break up the conversational flow for other users. What do you think to the new update? Let us know in the comments below.
Thanks, Lazara the Last and Anthony