You can now get Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS for the ultra cheap price of $19.99 at US retailer Fred Meyer. I’m not sure how long the game is on sale for but it’s the cheapest I’ve seen it. Hopefully other retailers might be able to price match. It’s worth checking out.
Nintendo has released new update data for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Available now for download in the Nintendo eShop, patch version 1.0.5 is required for accessing the fighting game’s multiplayer features. Once users install the update, they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with players without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable. The latest update for the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. includes the following changes:
- Share mode has been added.
- Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.
- Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
- Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
- amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
Users can tap their amiibo figure to the touchscreen to transform them into “figure players (FP)” to battle, train, and level-up their FP.
- In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
Nintendo has revealed a new update will be arriving for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and will be available to download in the eShop tomorrow. According to Nintendo of Europe’s download newsletter this morning, the update will enable support for the Super Smash Bros. collection of amiibo on the new Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL systems. So if you’ve already upgraded with an Ambassador edition, or are purchasing a new system this Friday, you’ll be able to begin portable amiibo training from February 10. Those with a standard system, though, will have to wait for the release of a special peripheral device to be released by the company in future months.
A free update will also be released on 10th February for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS that will enable amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. Collection to be used with the new systems.
Now this is a new one! A recent glitch discovered by Leron Tolmachev turns every possible item in Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS into a lovely juicy tomato. While the items take the form of a red tomato they still retain their original function, so it’s basically a very amusing glitch. The problem only exists on his girlfriend’s Nintendo 3DS and he’s tried everything possible to resolve the glitch, but has no luck at present. Here’s what he had to say.
This issue is currently occurring on my girlfriend’s 3DS XL. I have tried her copy of Smash Bros. in my 2DS, and it works fine, I’ve tried my copy of Smash Bros. in her 3DS and the issue only occurs on her 3DS XL with the 1.0.4 patch installed. If we uninstall the patch, the issue goes away, but reinstalling the patch causes the issue to return. I’ve factory reset the 3DS XL and formatted the SD card, but the issue persists.
An interesting notice has been spotted on the Super Smash Bros soundtrack that confirms that it can not be sold to retailers due to rights issues. The Super Smash Bros soundtrack is free for those who register both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions of Super Smash Bros via Club Nintendo.
This week’s individual UK charts are now in courtesy of GFK Chart-Track and sales tracker UKIE. In a week that’s dominated by multi-platform titles, Grand Theft Auto V sticks to the top spot like glue, and is joined by the likes of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and FIFA, unsurprisingly. Further down the chart, Super Smash Bros for Wii U flails a little and is budged five places lower to 33 this week, while Tomodachi Life for the 3DS re-enters at 35.
Pokemon Omega Ruby is flying solo in this week’s individual chart, with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire missing out on a top 40 position. And finally, Just Dance 2015 for Wii rounds out the chart. You can check out the full individual UK top 40 games chart below. The all-formats chart, though, can be viewed here.
1. (01) [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V
2. (03) [PS4] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
3. (02) [XBO] Grand Theft Auto V
4. (06) [XBO] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
5. (04) [PS4] FIFA 15
6. (10)  Minecraft: Xbox Edition
7. (09) [XBO] FIFA 15
8. (05) [PS4] Saints Row IV Re-Elected / Gat Out Of Hell
9. (12) [XBO] Assassin’s Creed: Unity
10. (07)  Call of Duty: Ghosts
11. (27)  Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
12. (08) [XBO] Saints Row IV Re-Elected / Gat Out Of Hell
13. (14) [PS4] Far Cry 4
14. (18) [XBO] Minecraft: Xbox Edition
15. (13)  FIFA 15
16. (16) [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
17. (20) [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
18. (RE) [PS4] Assassin’s Creed: Unity
19. (11) [PS3] Call of Duty: Ghosts
20. (19) [XBO] Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
21. (RE) [PS3] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
22. (17) [PC] Football Manager 2015
23. (21) [XBO] Far Cry 4
24. (15) [PS4] The Crew
25. (22) [PS4] Destiny
26. (26)  Terraria
27. (34) [XBO] Forza Horizon 2
28. (36) [XBO] Halo: The Master Chief Collection
29. (33) [XBO] Destiny
30. (30) [PS4] Dragon Age: Inquisition
31. (RE) [PS3] FIFA 15
32. (40) [PS4] Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
33. (28) [WIIU] Super Smash Bros
34. (31) [PC] The Sims 4
35. (RE) [3DS] Tomodachi Life
36. (RE) [XBO] Sunset Overdrive
37. (32)  Grand Theft Auto V
38. (RE) [PS4] WWE 2K15
39. (38) [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby
40. (24) [WII] Just Dance 2015
Eight player Super Smash Bros fans should rejoice today as the company has added fifteen modified 8-player stages to Super Smash Bros For Wii U. You won’t have to pay a penny for them as they have appeared as a free update which is available to download now. You certainly can’t grumble at that. Get playing!
- Mario Circuit (Brawl)
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Town & City
- Wii Fit Studio
- Mario Galaxy Ω
- Mario Circuit (Brawl) Ω
- Great Cave Offensive Ω
- Lylat Cruise Ω
- Pokemon Stadium 2 Ω
- Town & City Ω
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.