Nintendo deputy general manager Philippe Lavoue has given us an insight into how well Nintendo products are performing in France. What’s startling about these figures is just how well Amiibo are performing in the country. Nintendo France expects to see sales numbers exceeding 200,000 units by the end of the year.
- Wii U: over 450 000 units sold (300 000 in late december, roughly +50% YoY in the past few months), should be at 550 000 units by the end of the year.
- Games: currently, sales x3 thanks to Mario Kart8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 (and Smash).
- Mario Kart 8 : 200 000 units sold + 70 000 additional units from bundles
- Pokémon OR/AS : 191 000 units sold, +51% compared to X/Y during the same period.
- 3DS sales: 3.15 million; +70% thanks to Pokémon.
- Bayonetta 2 : ~60 000 units sold.
- Super Smash Bros. (Wii U): they’re expecting 200 000 units by the end of the year.
- Amiibo : they’re expecting 200 000 units sold by the end of the year.