We’ve finally heard from Atlus that the long-awaited Legend of Legacy will be arriving in North America in the fall of this year. The game is a new RPG consisted of staff behind the critically acclaimed SaGa and Chrono Trigger franchises. You will be able to purchase the game at your favourite retailer or alternatively download it from the eShop for $39.99.
Here’s some of the staff who are involved in the project
- Illustrator – Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series)
- Composer – Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII)
- Writer – Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger)
- Designer – Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series)
- Director – Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)
Overview via Press Release
In The Legend of Legacy, Seven adventurers – Liber, Meurs, Owen, Bianca, Garnet, Eloise, Filmia – arrive on the mysterious island of Avalon to pursue their own agenda as explorers. They team up with two of the other adventurers to achieve their objectives – be it exploring the island for treasure, looking for the “god” on the island, or recovering lost memories. But things change when they discover a singing stone that causes the party to see phantasms of Avalon’s forgotten history.
In addition to exploring the island of Avalon, Combat will offer plenty of challenges in The Legend of Legacy. Combat is turn-based, but players will have the option to create their own formations tailored to their party of three, meaning each party member can be put into a different combat role (defending, attacking, supporting, etc.) at any given time. Formations can be saved and changed between turns as well, giving players plenty of options to maximize their strategies.
- Seven Unique Perspectives – Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story’s resolution. Play through as each character to see them all!
- Combat Gets Classless – Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.
- Legendary Development – Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.
- Balanced for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!