Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival will be coming to the Wii U this month, and if you’re looking to learn more about the colourful boardgame-style title then Nintendo has just the thing.
Nintendo has uploaded a new trailer for the title on their Nintendo Wii U UK YouTube channel and it covers most bases on what the game will include, here’s a quick summary below:
- The Animal Crossing amiibo are used as counters, you can tap the amiibo onto the Wii U GamePad to roll the dice and make moves around the board.
- You can collect Happy Points by landing on a pink space, these can be stored to your amiibo, and later be used to build new features in your town, unlock different emotions and new clothing items.
- You can participate in special events from previous Animal Crossing titles such as Fishing Tourneys and Bug Offs.
- Characters previously seen in the Animal crossing series are also featured in the game such as Katie, Dr. Shrunk, Nat, Jack, and Redd.
- Turnips can also be bought and sold as their prices fluctuate.
- Additional modes such as Desert Island Escape can be played, which will involve mini-games such as scavenger hunts and spin the wheel.
You can check out the Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival trailer below: