It looks as though Nintendo of America is currently on a massive hiring spree with the official Nintendo jobs Twitter account and the Jobs Classification page posting a whopping 37 new vacancies within the company. A selection of positions within the company include a Software Support Engineer, IT Architect, Business Analyst, eShop Merchant and Programmer.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Nintendo of America have just posted a job listing for an IT architect which comes shortly after the unfortunate eShop outage that hit Nintendo fans over the Christmas period. The new IT job position with Nintendo of America includes plenty of core duties including providing support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions. Here’s the job description.
- Researches and assesses advanced approaches to designing technology systems and applies to current business context.
- Defines standards and design parameters for technology areas or projects, and reviews adherence to standards and principles as required.
- Designs and develops frameworks for technologies, and detailed implementations when required.
- Provides technical oversight for engineering and operations activities.
- Optimizes systems design across technology areas for future flexibility, performance, multi-tier behaviors, capacity, and scalability.
- May supervise the activities of others.
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions.
- Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established compliance and other internal control requirements.
Thanks, Anubis and Anony-Mouse
Troubled UK retailer GAME which recently went into administration causing multiple store closures has been saved. The video game retailer has been purchased by investment group Opcapita who run electronics store Comet. The deal will keep open 333 stores and save 3,100 jobs.