Exciting times are ahead for fans of Japanese action RPGs as a new game codenamed PROJECT-TRITRI has been teased. What’s exciting about this story is that there are a number of key individuals working on the project which have helped shape the JRPG genre over the years. PROJECT-TRITRI is planned to be released for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation systems at the end of 2022. The team says that that the ambitious project propose is “reviving the golden age of ’90s RPGs for the modern age.” It is not clear which development studio is behind the JRPG but the website is hosted on FuRyu servers.
- Scenario – Yuura Kubota (Bravely Default II/Octopath Traveler)
- Character Design – Raita Kazama (Xenoblade)
- World Design – Nobuteru Yuuki (Trials of Mana, Chrono Cross)
- Atsuko Nishida, Tomohiro Kitakaze, and Megumi Mizutani from the Pokemon franchise
- Helping develop the game is Three Rings Design, the studio that helped develop Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town
Follow a young man who learns that he is the chosen Warrior of Chaos. It will support solo play, as well as up to three-person multiplayer.
Further details surrounding PROJECT-TRITRI and its official title will appear sometime on May 26, 2022.