Australian Publication WAtoday Looks At What Went Wrong With Pokémon Go?

Australian news publication WAtoday has published an article looking at what they believe to have gone wrong with Pokémon GO. The game was a surprise smash hit when it launched in July and seemed to attract users from all over the world. Fast forward to today and the game's daily users, daily revenue and daily … Continue reading Australian Publication WAtoday Looks At What Went Wrong With Pokémon Go?

Advertisements

Pachter Believes The Nintendo NX Needs Full Third-Party Support To Be Popular

Outspoken video game analyst Michael Pachter says that the Nintendo NX will be a success if third-party developers jump onboard and provide big hitters such as FIFA and Grand Theft Auto. However, we found out today that only a handful of third party developers seem to be onboard and EA wasn't mentioned. We shall have to wait … Continue reading Pachter Believes The Nintendo NX Needs Full Third-Party Support To Be Popular

Pachter: Nintendo Can “Get Their Mojo Back” With NX

Video game industry analyst Michael Pachter has revealed in the latest episode of Siftd’s Pachter Factor that he believes that the forthcoming Nintendo NX platform will be able to hold its own against the mid-cycle upgrades we are seeing from both Sony and Microsoft. “The answer is, the Wii U has sucked. It’s a complicated, hard-to-use console because … Continue reading Pachter: Nintendo Can “Get Their Mojo Back” With NX

Pachter: Doubtful Nintendo NX Will See Much Third-Party Western Support

Famed industry analyst, the one and only Michael Pachter, has discussed the Nintendo NX in his recent Pachter Factor episode on Siftd. Pachter, who is known for his criticism of Nintendo, is convinced that the Nintendo NX won't get much third-party support outside of Japanese developers, but he does say this could change if the system proves … Continue reading Pachter: Doubtful Nintendo NX Will See Much Third-Party Western Support

Pachter: Nintendo NX Will Launch 2017 And Won’t Be Very Good

Outspoken video game industry analyst Michael Pachter is at it again and this time he's talking about the Nintendo NX which we currently know nothing about other than it's going to be a unified platform. Pachter doesn't believe that it will launch this year and instead will be a 2017 release. He also says that … Continue reading Pachter: Nintendo NX Will Launch 2017 And Won’t Be Very Good

Inafune Talks Nintendo And Their Future Legacy

CNET recently had the opportunity to chat with Mighty No.9 and Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune about a range of subjects including Nintendo. Inafune believes that the Kyoto based company has a struggle on its hands once its famous designers such as Shigeru Miyamoto retire. He says that this isn't just a problem for Nintendo but the Japanese … Continue reading Inafune Talks Nintendo And Their Future Legacy

Pachter Gives The Nintendo NX A 40% Chance At Failing

Everyone's favourite video game analyst Michael Pachter has once again spoken about the forthcoming NX platform from Nintendo. While he only knows as much as we do he says that the console has a 40% chance of failure and a positive 60% chance of success. Pachter believes that the platform will a mobile convergence device. … Continue reading Pachter Gives The Nintendo NX A 40% Chance At Failing

NoA Localiser: Games Like Xenoblade Won’t Sell Enough To Justify How Big Game Is

Nintendo of America localisation employee Chris Pranger has spoken at length about the cost of localising what Nintendo of America deem to be niche titles. One of the examples Pranger gives is the brilliant Xenoblade Chronicles which he says was guaranteed never to sell enough in North America to justify the costs of localising the game from … Continue reading NoA Localiser: Games Like Xenoblade Won’t Sell Enough To Justify How Big Game Is

Super Smash Bros Director Sakurai Calls DLC These Days A Scam

Some DLC is well worth your money like the Mario Kart 8 downloadable content and some simply is not. Super Smash Bros creator Masahiro Sakurai isn't happy about the current downloadable content that we are peddled as he says developers are actually providing us with an unfinished product at launch. Sakurai feels that the product delivered … Continue reading Super Smash Bros Director Sakurai Calls DLC These Days A Scam

Developers Say The Metacritic Obsession Is Damaging To Video Games

UK publication MCV has written an interesting article exploring the current obsession with Metacritic and why it's bad for the industry as a whole. The publication has spoken to a number of European video game developers who have once again reiterated that a good Metacritic score means that they can receive pay bonuses and shares for … Continue reading Developers Say The Metacritic Obsession Is Damaging To Video Games