announced a brand new 3DS game will arrive for the 3DS featuring a collaboration between the Etrian Odyssey and Mystery Dungeon franchises. The news comes after Atlus hosted a special livestream for Etrian Odyssey earlier today, confirming the fifth instalment for the RPG – Etrian Odyssey V - following a teaser last week.
Atlus together with Spike Chunsoft have
The Etrian Odyssey come Mystery Dungeon crossover title will be developed by Atlus but is seen as a shared project between Spike Chunsoft and the RPG-based company. Etrian Odyssey and the Mysterious Dungeon, it’s official translated title, is set for release on the Japanese 3DS for March 5, 2015 – whether or not it will venture overseas yet is currently unknown.
Super Smash Bros for Wii U is released today in the United States, but unfortunately gamers in Japan will have to hang on a little longer for the fast paced brawler. To celebrate its upcoming release Nintendo Japan has uploaded two silky smooth 60fps Smash Bros commercials to tide eager gamers over.What do you think to them?
Thanks, N-Dub Nation
Nintendo has had a radical change of heart when it comes down to using their beloved IP’s for a range of things. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that fans can use the company’s properties for a number of different things including popular Let’s Play videos, fan art, and much more. Keeping with the trend, Iwata also said that they’re joining the Creative Endorsement Program which will reward those whose work proves to be popular in Japan. Nintendo also announced that they will be sponsoring the Tokaigi Game Party which takes place early next year.
The Japanese Twitter account for Splatoon has been on fire lately delivering some superb screenshots and trickles of information regarding the game. We’ve got a while to wait, but these gorgeous screens should keep you occupied in the meantime.
- While in squid form, Inklings can climb walls
- Walls don’t count toward the result of Turf Battles
- A painted wall might mean that someone climbed up it
- Some inklings can jump like rockets
- This happens when they touched the icon of a team member on the map
- Inklings can move freely while inside their own ink
- When in enemy ink they move slower and can’t become a squid
We’ve finally got the Japanese sales charts in thanks to sales tracker, Media Create. Sales of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the Nintendo 3DS remain strong and keeps it firmly in the number one position. Hardware sales remain dire as the Wii U only managed to sell 4K units despite the release of LEGO: The Movie which entered into the charts at number nine on the platform. Here’s the best-selling games.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, 10/11/14) – 57,645 (2,104,844)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 27,182 (2,842,890)
- [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 09/13/14) – 24,509 (1,701,465)
- [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2014 (Konami, 10/23/14) – 9,070 (111,037)
- [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2014 (Konami, 10/23/14) – 7,661 (71,073)
- [PS3] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 10/23/14) – 7,562 (82,932)
- [3DS] Tales of the World: Reve Unitia (Bandai Namco, 10/23/14) – 5,280 (62,120)
- [3DS] LEGO Movie: The Game (Warner Bros., 11/06/14) – 4,180 (New)
- [Wii U] LEGO Movie: The Game (Warner Bros., 11/06/14) – 3,574 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 3,210 (699,588)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 2,844 (3,805,306)
- [PS3] Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (2K Games, 10/30/14) – 2,676 (15,062)
- [PS4] Metro Redux (Spike Chunsoft, 10/30/14) – 2,624 (8,782)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest X Online (Square Enix, 09/04/14) – 2,501 (116,252)
- [PS4] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 10/23/14) – 2,359 (66,956)
- [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (Square Enix, 10/02/14) – 2,258 (129,660)
- [PS4] Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (D3 Publisher, 10/30/14) – 2,245 (12,719)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 (Bandai Namco, 08/07/14) – 2,158 (154,098)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 2,033 (1,293,939)
- [PSV] Super Hero Generation (Bandai Namco, 10/23/14) – 2,028 (22,856)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- New 3DS LL – 50,619 (41,633)
- New 3DS – 15,020 (14,040)
- PlayStation 4 – 10,078 (8,906)
- PlayStation Vita – 9,874 (10,688)
- 3DS LL – 9,083 (9,270)
- Wii U – 4,787 (4,696)
- PlayStation 3 – 4,666 (5,066)
- 3DS – 4,495 (4,730)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 678 (718)
- Xbox One – 513 (599)
- Xbox 360 – 107 (79)
- PSP – 25 (50)
Final Fantasy Explorers will arrive later this week on the Japanese eShop. The company’s latest action RPG for the Nintendo 3DS – which is set for release on December 18 in the region – features a wide range of character jobs, amongst notable Final Fantasy monsters and summons. A demo was announced earlier this year for the upcoming title, but details were a little scarce.
Square Enix has announced a demo for
According to Famitsu, Japanese gamers will be able to download the demo from the eShop on November 14. Similar to the Bravely Default demo seen last year, players will be able to transfer some of the data – such as items and weapons – from the Final Fantasy Explorers demo into the full version when it releases. It also includes all major aspects of the game, including multiplayer, along with two summons battles, a selection of jobs and the story’s opening prologue. A few gameplay videos are available on Famitsu, one of which is embedded above.
Smash Bros producer Masahiro Sakurai has shown off what everyone wants which is a Super Smash Bros themed New Nintendo 3DS XL console. Sakurai shared the box of the Smash Bros XL console on Twitter. Hopefully it will be available when the console launches over here next year. Would you opt for this specific bundle?