It looks as though amiibo collectors are once again going to struggle as it has been revealed that the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer amiibo cards will come in different variations. So there won’t just be one Isabelle card for example, instead there will be multiple ones which is going to make collecting more than a little bit of work. To make matters worse it seems as though the variant Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer cards will be exclusive to a Japanese magazine.
They have been a few events for European and North American owners of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and now it is time for the Japanese to get in on some of the action. The latest Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire event allows Japanese gamers to get their hands on Ash’s Pikachu, Serena’s Pancham and more. You will be able to get your hands on these at various Pokemon Centers and Pokemon Stores throughout Japan. There’s no word regarding whether a similar promotion will make its way over here in the west.
- Ash’s Pikachu: Obtainable between August 24 and August 30
- Serena’s Pancham: Obtainable between August 17 and August 23
- Latios: Obtainable between August 31 and September 6
- Lugia: Obtainable between September 7 and September 13
NintenDaan has managed to get his fortunate hands on the special edition Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Nintendo 3DS XL console, a copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, special Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer New Nintendo 3DS cover plates and also the NFC Reader / Writer directly from Japan. With all these goodies at his disposal one can not blame him for creating an unboxing video for these items. Be sure to watch it below.
Monster Strike has been immensely popular on mobile platforms in Japan and it is now coming to the Nintendo 3DS. The in demand franchise Monster Strike will also be getting its very own anime series. The latest edition of Famitsu reveals that the game will have luscious full 3D fields to explore. The actual characters and story in the game will be based upon the anime which is scheduled to air in October on YouTube. The game will be released sometime this year.
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer has been released today in Japan and the one and only NintenDaan has managed to snag a copy of the cosmetic title. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer allows you to create your own decorative interiors for houses and other building with a number of tools at your disposal. The game won’t be arriving till October 2nd in Europe and September 25th in the United States. Anyway, be sure to check out the delightful video, below.
This week’s Media Create video game sales charts are now in from Japan. Yokai Watch: Busters for the Nintendo 3DS still continues to dominate the chart, but what is most impressive is the performance of Nintendo’s colourful shooter, Splatoon. The game continues to keep the Wii U afloat and won’t budge from the top five. Nintendo will clearly be happy with the worldwide sales of the title which we found out today currently stands at 1.62 million units. Anyway, here’s the best-selling software and hardware in Japan.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Nintendo, 07/11/15) – 95,369 (1,009,905)
- [PS3] Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi (Capcom, 07/23/15) – 58,889 (New)
- [PS4] Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi (Capcom, 07/23/15) – 35,161 (New)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 24,289 (455,158)
- [PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (Compile Heart, 07/23/15) – 18,506 (New)
- [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo, 06/11/15) – 16,110 (359,603)
- [PS3] TV Anime The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls G4U! Pack Vol. 3 (Bandai Namco, 07/23/15) – 15,060 (New)
- [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest (Nintendo, 06/25/15) – 14,023 (377,775)
- [PS4] Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros., 07/16/15) – 12,273 (61,076)
- [Wii U] Yoshi’s Woolly World (Nintendo, 07/16/15) – 11,733 (42,891)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 10,180 (263,487)
- [3DS] The Great Ace Attorney (Capcom, 07/09/15) – 9,554 (169,161)
- [3DS] Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei (Masaya Games, 07/23/15) – 9,300 (New)
- [PSV] Taiko Drum Master: V Version (Bandai Namco, 07/09/15) – 8,277 (66,959)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 7,076 (1,074,513)
- [3DS] Chou Tousouchuu Atsumare! Saikyou no Tousou Monotachi (Bandai Namco, 07/09/15) – 6,757 (25,277)
- [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 5,414 (2,668,433)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 5,343 (4,007,043)
- [PSV] Vamwolf Cross (D3 Publisher, 07/23/15) – 3,369 (New)
- [3DS] Girls Mode 3: Kira Kira Code (Nintendo, 04/16/15) – 2,966 (170,116)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- New 3DS LL – 21,028 (19,432)
- PlayStation 4 – 17,656 (24,266)
- PlayStation Vita – 13,843 (13,190)
- Wii U – 11,257 (11,028)
- New 3DS – 5,753 (5,437)
- PlayStation 3 – 2,956 (2,947)
- 3DS – 1,286 (1,376)
- 3DS LL – 807 (726)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 642 (618)
- Xbox One – 211 (242)
That’s right! Gamers in Japan will soon be able to get their hands on a lovely looking Metallic Red New Nintendo 3DS XL. The console will make its debut at the same time as the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King on August 27th. It should cost around 18800 Yen+ taxes.